What is involved in statement of work
Find out what the related areas are that statement of work connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a statement of work thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its statement of work journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward statement of work leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which statement of work related domains to cover and 64 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
statement of work, Acceptance testing, Contract Data Requirements List, Data Item Descriptions, Deliverable, Master service agreement, Performance work statement, Project management, Request for Proposal, Statement of objectives, Work Breakdown Structure:
statement of work Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about statement of work tactics and report on the economics of relationships managing statement of work and constraints.
– Is the statement of work organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– How do we measure improved statement of work service perception, and satisfaction?
– When do I use a statement of work?
– What is a statement of work?
Acceptance testing Critical Criteria:
Devise Acceptance testing risks and ask what if.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your statement of work project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What is your process for client reviews or acceptance testing?
– What is our statement of work Strategy?
– Are there statement of work Models?
Contract Data Requirements List Critical Criteria:
Dissect Contract Data Requirements List issues and reduce Contract Data Requirements List costs.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with statement of work ?
– What are the Essentials of Internal statement of work Management?
Data Item Descriptions Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Data Item Descriptions goals and find the essential reading for Data Item Descriptions researchers.
– Does statement of work create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Have the types of risks that may impact statement of work been identified and analyzed?
– What threat is statement of work addressing?
Deliverable Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Deliverable goals and report on developing an effective Deliverable strategy.
– Who will do the classification (IAs, users, both etc.) Deliverables could be: approach for developing classification, controlled vocabularies, thesaurus, taxonomies, classification models including targeted audience descriptions; will there be any use of autocategorization or autosuggesting metadata?
– The pp and the semp define the tasks and schedule for the project and the processes that will be followed to produce the deliverables. once the project is underway, how can you track progress against the plan?
– Roles and Responsibilities: Who are the individuals responsible for implementing specific tasks and providing deliverables related to risk management?
– Which customers cant participate in our statement of work domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Are the vendor contracts deliverables-based, with specific Service Level Agreements (slas) including penalties and liquidated damages?
– Think about the functions involved in your statement of work project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What is the source of the strategies for statement of work strengthening and reform?
– What is the absolute minimum first deliverable to internal users/testers?
– What is the absolute minimum first deliverable to external beta users?
– Why is it important to reduce deliverables to a smallest component?
– Will statement of work deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Who will provide the final approval of statement of work deliverables?
– What project deliverables are required?
Master service agreement Critical Criteria:
Judge Master service agreement adoptions and do something to it.
– When a statement of work manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as statement of work leaders?
Performance work statement Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Performance work statement tactics and check on ways to get started with Performance work statement.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for statement of work strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of statement of work that make it risky?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of statement of work?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Project management results and pay attention to the small things.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new statement of work in a volatile global economy?
– With agile processes promoting the concept of self-directed teams, is there room for the conventional project manager or does this role also need to evolve to suit the principles of the new paradigm?
– When we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– Are there metrics and standards that can be used for control of agile project progress during execution?
– So, if the project no longer needs a detailed master project plan, why does it need a project manager?
– What scenarios in terms of projected cost, schedule, and scope could/should we plan for?
– Do project management and Change Management look the same for every initiative?
– Can agile project management be adopted by industries other than software development?
– Will reporting methods be different for agile versus traditional projects?
– How is agile project management performed in the context of virtual teams?
– Can Agility Work With a Waterfall Project Management Process in our Setting?
– Does your organization have a Project Management Office (PMO)?
– Does your organization have a Project Management Office?
– Is Supporting statement of work documentation required?
– What is the meaning of success in this context?
– Are the pms ready to execute agile projects?
– How do we deal with change when it happens?
– Are we ready to execute an agile project?
– How does cost of change affect software?
– What is scrum?
Request for Proposal Critical Criteria:
Review Request for Proposal engagements and transcribe Request for Proposal as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your statement of work activities?
– What vendors make products that address the statement of work needs?
Statement of objectives Critical Criteria:
Group Statement of objectives strategies and research ways can we become the Statement of objectives company that would put us out of business.
– How likely is the current statement of work plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What are the long-term statement of work goals?
– Who needs to know about statement of work ?
Work Breakdown Structure Critical Criteria:
Detail Work Breakdown Structure decisions and assess and formulate effective operational and Work Breakdown Structure strategies.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about statement of work. How do we gain traction?
– How can you negotiate statement of work successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Is there a statement of work Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Explain in detail the Work Breakdown Structure?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the statement of work Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
statement of work External links:
Free Statement of Work Templates Smartsheet
How to Write a Statement of Work for Any Industry | Smartsheet
Acceptance testing External links:
Moodle User Acceptance Testing
[PDF]CONSTRUCTION AND ACCEPTANCE TESTING OF …
The 5 Types of User Acceptance Testing! – Usersnap
Contract Data Requirements List External links:
[PDF]CONTRACT DATA REQUIREMENTS LIST (1 Data Item)
Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) – AcqNotes
[DOC]CONTRACT DATA REQUIREMENTS LIST (CDRL)
Data Item Descriptions External links:
[PDF]ATTACHMENT DATA ITEM DESCRIPTIONS (DIDS – …
Deliverable External links:
Deliverable Synonyms, Deliverable Antonyms | …
What Is a Deliverable in Project Management? | Chron.com
Deliverable – definition of deliverable by The Free Dictionary
Master service agreement External links:
Master Service Agreement: Everything You Must Know
Performance work statement External links:
[PDF]PERFORMANCE WORK STATEMENT – faaco.faa.gov
[DOC]PERFORMANCE WORK STATEMENT [TEMPLATE]
Project management External links:
CCRS | Project Management Institute
Project Management Institute – Official Site
Request for Proposal External links:
[PDF]A Guide to Writing a Request for Proposal – WERC
[PDF]Building an Effective Request for Proposal (RFP) …
Statement of objectives External links:
[PDF]Statement of Objectives – GSA
IFMS HRIS Statement of Objectives | FAI.GOV
Statement Of Objectives (SOO) – Guidance
Work Breakdown Structure External links:
Free Work Breakdown Structure Templates – Smartsheet
The Importance of a Work Breakdown Structure | Chron.com