What is involved in Capability management
Find out what the related areas are that Capability management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Capability management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Capability management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Capability management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Capability management related domains to cover and 121 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Capability management, Acronym, Balanced Scorecard, Business, Capability-based security, Capability, Capability approach, Capability management in business, Defense, Department of Defense Architecture Framework, Doctrine, Leader development, Management, Materiel, Military personnel, Operations research, Requirements:
Capability management Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Capability management projects and report on the economics of relationships managing Capability management and constraints.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Capability management objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Capability management moving forward?
– Are accountability and ownership for Capability management clearly defined?
Acronym Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Acronym strategies and acquire concise Acronym education.
– Think about the people you identified for your Capability management project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Capability management agendas for the next 3 years?
– How do we maintain Capability managements Integrity?
Balanced Scorecard Critical Criteria:
Meet over Balanced Scorecard leadership and cater for concise Balanced Scorecard education.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Capability management strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– Are we Assessing Capability management and Risk?
Business Critical Criteria:
Nurse Business results and gather practices for scaling Business.
– If on-premise software is a must, a balance of choice and simplicity is essential. When specific users are viewing and interacting with analytics, can you use a named-user licensing model that offers accessibility without the need for hardware considerations?
– When users are more fluid and guest access is a must, can you choose hardware-based licensing that is tailored to your exact configuration needs?
– Can you easily add users and features to quickly scale and customize to your organizations specific needs?
– Do we understand our clients business drivers, financial metrics, buying process and decision criteria?
– What is the difference between Enterprise Information Management and Data Warehousing?
– What are direct examples that show predictive analytics to be highly reliable?
– What tools are there for publishing sharing and visualizing data online?
– What is your anticipated learning curve for Technical Administrators?
– Which business environmental factors did lead to our use of CRM?
– What else does the data tell us that we never thought to ask?
– How will business process and behavioral change be managed?
– What is your anticipated learning curve for Report Users?
– What are the challenges posed by enterprise applications?
– How well did we monitor our relational expectations?
– Which is better for business open or closed clouds?
– What is a customer-member centric business?
– Condition of the business pre-disaster?
– Do you offer formal user training?
– What is a third-party servicer?
Capability-based security Critical Criteria:
Depict Capability-based security engagements and research ways can we become the Capability-based security company that would put us out of business.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Capability management opportunities costing us money?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Capability management?
– How can we improve Capability management?
Capability Critical Criteria:
Trace Capability leadership and pioneer acquisition of Capability systems.
– Workforce Change Management How do you prepare your workforce for changing capability and capacity needs? How do you manage your workforce, its needs, and your needs to ensure continuity, prevent workforce reductions, and minimize the impact of workforce reductions, if they do become necessary? How do you prepare for and manage periods of workforce growth?
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Capability management in a volatile global economy?
– Are items which are not calibrated to their full capability or which require functional check only labeled to indicate the applicable condition?
– How quickly can a cloud service provider scale services and capability and is this quick enough for the requirements of the customer/consumer?
– How do interorganizational and interpersonal networks affect our strategic adaptive capability in a transition economy?
– Do we have a log monitoring capability with analytics and alertingalso known as continuous monitoring?
– Has the appropriate access to relevant data and analysis capability been granted?
– Do you have the capability to measure cost per lead or cost per acquisition?
– What is your leaderships capability of sponsoring and supporting change?
– Will Capability management deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– What is the logging capability for audit purposes?
– What capability are we seeking to access?
– Is unnecessary capability harmful?
– What is a Capability?
Capability approach Critical Criteria:
Talk about Capability approach decisions and customize techniques for implementing Capability approach controls.
– Think about the functions involved in your Capability management project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Capability management project?
– What are internal and external Capability management relations?
Capability management in business Critical Criteria:
Face Capability management in business tasks and plan concise Capability management in business education.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Capability management project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Does the Capability management task fit the clients priorities?
Defense Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Defense results and point out Defense tensions in leadership.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Capability management process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Capability management process available?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Capability management processes?
– Do you participate in sharing communication, analysis, and mitigation measures with other companies as part of a mutual network of defense?
– Does the IT Risk Management framework align to a three lines of defense model?
– Which Capability management goals are the most important?
– How Strong do the Defenses need to Be?
Department of Defense Architecture Framework Critical Criteria:
Chart Department of Defense Architecture Framework tactics and look in other fields.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Capability management process?
– What are all of our Capability management domains and what do they do?
– How can skill-level changes improve Capability management?
Doctrine Critical Criteria:
See the value of Doctrine failures and report on the economics of relationships managing Doctrine and constraints.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Capability management delivery for example is new software needed?
– Does Capability management analysis show the relationships among important Capability management factors?
– What is Effective Capability management?
Leader development Critical Criteria:
Study Leader development issues and find out what it really means.
– What business benefits will Capability management goals deliver if achieved?
– Do we all define Capability management in the same way?
– What is our Capability management Strategy?
Management Critical Criteria:
X-ray Management quality and balance specific methods for improving Management results.
– To overcome the barriers to effective CRM implementation: What should be communicated and to whom?
– Is our Cybersecurity function appropriately organized, trained, equipped, staffed and funded?
– How can we ensure that the data we collect is organized so we can find it when we need it?
– Everyone agrees that a new iam program is needed. but, what should it include?
– How do you hold people accountable when you havent been given any authority?
– How much time and other resources will be required to market the program?
– How will jettisoning certain processes and structure impact the business?
– Which step in new product development you think is the most important?
– Will you be using a standard naming format and version control?
– What are the strengths and weaknesses of the program?
– Which product life-cycle stage, if any,is the most important?
– Have potential pilot customers been identified?
– Who performs your companys IT risk assessments?
– What are the consequences when risks go wrong?
– What are the top online e learning tools for business?
– When and where is the management done?
– What are top managements roles?
– Has AGILE staff managed well?
– What is the Real Need?
Materiel Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Materiel issues and get going.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Capability management leader?
– What are our needs in relation to Capability management skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How would one define Capability management leadership?
Military personnel Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Military personnel results and achieve a single Military personnel view and bringing data together.
– Does Capability management systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– To what extent does management recognize Capability management as a tool to increase the results?
– How do we know that any Capability management analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Operations research Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Operations research outcomes and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Capability management services/products?
– Does Capability management analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Are there Capability management problems defined?
Requirements Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Requirements goals and question.
– Have the segments, goals and performance objectives been translated into an actionable and realistic target business and information architecture expressed within business functions, business processes, and information requirements?
– Having defined its strategy and target client base, the CSP must define the requirements for providing services to that client base. What specific regulatory or industry requirements are applicable?
– Identify the different workloads and how they need to interact. Which models are appropriate based on their security and trust requirements and the systems they need to interface to?
– How can organizations monitor their CSP and provide assurance to relevant stakeholders that privacy requirements are met when their PII is in the cloud?
– Are structures, systems and components within the CM Program tested periodically to determine if they are still capable of meeting design requirements?
– Do you design data protection and privacy requirements into the development of your business processes and new systems?
– Are we specifically expressing Cybersecurity requirements to our partners, suppliers, and other third parties?
– Are relevant legal or regulatory requirements and contractual obligations taken into account for control of records?
– Are the design requirements for your facility or program established, documented and maintained?
– Does the current environment support the business and functional requirements?
– Operational feasibility -will the solution fulfill the users requirements?
– What are the requirements for information availability and integrity?
– Are requirements abstract enough and can they change within limits?
– What is your process for gathering business requirements?
– Will there be requirements on call and screen recording?
– What happens if I do not follow the requirements?
– Are these requirements supported by the CSP?
– How are requirements coming?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Capability management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Capability management External links:
What is business capability management? – Quora
Acronym External links:
Acronym | Definition of Acronym by Merriam-Webster
[PDF]The acronym ‘UEP’ represents – Identogo
Acronyms – Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
Balanced Scorecard External links:
Balanced Scorecard Software by QuickScore
Balanced scorecard | The Economist
Balanced Scorecard – SkyMark
Capability-based security External links:
What is CAPABILITY-BASED SECURITY? What does …
Capability External links:
[PDF]TITLE: USMC CAPABILITY: MOUNTAIN/COLD …
Capability approach External links:
SEN’S CAPABILITY APPROACH AND GENDER …
[PDF]The Capability Approach: a theoretical survey
The Capability Approach (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)
Capability management in business External links:
Capability management in business – Revolvy
https://broom02.revolvy.com/topic/Capability management in business
Defense External links:
Department of Defense (DoD) Warning and Consent ~ DIBBS
Defense Travel System
DINS NOTAM System – Defense Internet NOTAM Service
Department of Defense Architecture Framework External links:
Department of Defense Architecture Framework – …
Leader development External links:
Leader Development & Education for Sustained Peace
Leader Development – Fort Benning | Home
The United States Army | Fort Benning | Leader Development
Management External links:
7 Common Management Job Titles and Responsibilities
Document Management Incorporated :: Motor Vehicle Solutions
Title Management Inc.
Materiel External links:
U.S. Army STAND-TO! | Army Materiel Systems Analysis …
U.S. Army Materiel Command – Home | Facebook
Military personnel External links:
Military Personnel Records | National Archives
Transcripts for Military Personnel – acenet.edu
NCDOT: Military Personnel
Operations research External links:
Operations Research: INFORMS
Operations Research Dual-Title Degree Graduate …
Systems Engineering and Operations Research
Requirements External links:
System requirements for Microsoft Office
ADA Requirements: Service Animals
Clean Car emission requirements – Department of Licensing