What is involved in TOGAF
Find out what the related areas are that TOGAF connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a TOGAF thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its TOGAF journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward TOGAF leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which TOGAF related domains to cover and 119 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
TOGAF, The Open Group Architecture Framework, Applications architecture, Architecture domain, Architecture framework, Association of Enterprise Architects, Business architecture, Data architecture, Dow Jones Global Titans 50, Enterprise Architecture framework, Enterprise architecture, Fortune 500, IEEE 1471, Information architecture, Jaap Schekkerman, Library of Congress Control Number, Performance engineering, Service-oriented architecture, Technical Architecture Framework for Information Management, Technical architecture, The Open Group, US Department of Defense, United States Department of Defense, Virtual International Authority File:
TOGAF Critical Criteria:
Value TOGAF results and pay attention to the small things.
– What tier data server has been identified for the storage of decision support data contained in a data warehouse?
– How do I transform transactional data into useful information that people can access securely and effectively?
– How do I deploy technology in a way that manages risk: protecting data, defending and controlling my assets?
– What is the discipline for managing replicated data, which is derived from operational sole-authority data?
– What are the data access requirements for standard file, message, and data management?
– Does a massive loss of customer data necessarily imply poor engineering?
– What business process supports the entry and validation of the data?
– What are the access requirements for decision support data?
– How is Lean Six Sigma different from TOGAF Architecture?
– What are the major differences between TOGAF and eacoe?
– What is the relationship between feaf and TOGAF?
– How many people are in the development team?
– Why Should We Collaborate/Enter Partnership?
– What is the desired benefit of TOGAF?
– What is an Architectural Framework?
– Why use TOGAF next to ArchiMate?
– What are the benefits of EA?
– What is a Capability?
– Who is accountable?
The Open Group Architecture Framework Critical Criteria:
Accumulate The Open Group Architecture Framework outcomes and transcribe The Open Group Architecture Framework as tomorrows backbone for success.
– what is the best design framework for TOGAF organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate TOGAF delivery for example is new software needed?
Applications architecture Critical Criteria:
Rank Applications architecture strategies and achieve a single Applications architecture view and bringing data together.
– Do we monitor the TOGAF decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Are assumptions made in TOGAF stated explicitly?
– Which TOGAF goals are the most important?
Architecture domain Critical Criteria:
Generalize Architecture domain projects and arbitrate Architecture domain techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What are our best practices for minimizing TOGAF project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the TOGAF project lifecycle?
– Does TOGAF create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Architecture framework Critical Criteria:
Dissect Architecture framework failures and proactively manage Architecture framework risks.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which TOGAF models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What is an Architecture Framework?
– What will drive TOGAF change?
Association of Enterprise Architects Critical Criteria:
Generalize Association of Enterprise Architects outcomes and achieve a single Association of Enterprise Architects view and bringing data together.
– Does TOGAF systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– How do we manage TOGAF Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Is the scope of TOGAF defined?
Business architecture Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Business architecture adoptions and budget for Business architecture challenges.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that TOGAF objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of TOGAF?
– How can we improve TOGAF?
Data architecture Critical Criteria:
Examine Data architecture failures and revise understanding of Data architecture architectures.
– Can we describe the data architecture and relationship between key variables. for example, are data stored in a spreadsheet with one row for each person/entity, a relational database, or some other format?
– Can we add value to the current TOGAF decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Does your bi software work well with both centralized and decentralized data architectures and vendors?
– Do we need an enterprise data warehouse, a Data Lake, or both as part of our overall data architecture?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing TOGAF?
– How do we go about Comparing TOGAF approaches/solutions?
Dow Jones Global Titans 50 Critical Criteria:
Unify Dow Jones Global Titans 50 engagements and probe Dow Jones Global Titans 50 strategic alliances.
– How important is TOGAF to the user organizations mission?
– Does the TOGAF task fit the clients priorities?
Enterprise Architecture framework Critical Criteria:
Confer over Enterprise Architecture framework engagements and report on the economics of relationships managing Enterprise Architecture framework and constraints.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a TOGAF project?
– What about TOGAF Analysis of results?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Enterprise architecture decisions and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Enterprise architecture projects.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– How do we measure improved TOGAF service perception, and satisfaction?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Do we all define TOGAF in the same way?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Fortune 500 Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Fortune 500 tasks and assess and formulate effective operational and Fortune 500 strategies.
– Think about the people you identified for your TOGAF project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Which customers cant participate in our TOGAF domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Is there any existing TOGAF governance structure?
IEEE 1471 Critical Criteria:
Interpolate IEEE 1471 visions and devise IEEE 1471 key steps.
– What is our formula for success in TOGAF ?
– What are specific TOGAF Rules to follow?
Information architecture Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Information architecture management and report on the economics of relationships managing Information architecture and constraints.
– Does the information generation, consumption and/or access conform to agency specific and government regulations?
– The kind of information the user wants: Do they want just a taste, or are they doing comprehensive research?
– Will this content need to be repurposed across multiple documents or as part of multiple processes?
– You must put yourself into the shoes of the intended user. How do they see the information?
– Determine the difference to the bottom line had this information been available beforehand?
– Is there a requirement for tagging information elements and their relationships?
– Are you constantly questioning: is this content, menu and so on useful?
– Are you emphasizing content that works against your brand positioning?
– Are there frustrations that are commonly expressed by your users?
– Are the characteristics of the generated information determined?
– How to use faceted metadata to expand (as opposed to refine)?
– When to stop searching in one source and move to another?
– Are the same pages needed by different types of users?
– How do you use it -how will the user interact with it?
– What are the key ways users will want to navigate?
– What is it that we are designing, and why?
– Is it obvious where links lead you?
– Do you need a taxonomy strategy?
– How should we label the content?
– Is there a metadata strategy?
Jaap Schekkerman Critical Criteria:
Focus on Jaap Schekkerman strategies and find the essential reading for Jaap Schekkerman researchers.
– Think of your TOGAF project. what are the main functions?
Library of Congress Control Number Critical Criteria:
Align Library of Congress Control Number planning and differentiate in coordinating Library of Congress Control Number.
– What is the source of the strategies for TOGAF strengthening and reform?
– Have the types of risks that may impact TOGAF been identified and analyzed?
Performance engineering Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Performance engineering leadership and adjust implementation of Performance engineering.
– How much does TOGAF help?
– How to Secure TOGAF?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Guard Service-oriented architecture engagements and devote time assessing Service-oriented architecture and its risk.
– What is the total cost related to deploying TOGAF, including any consulting or professional services?
– In a project to restructure TOGAF outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good TOGAF project manager?
Technical Architecture Framework for Information Management Critical Criteria:
Focus on Technical Architecture Framework for Information Management governance and slay a dragon.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed TOGAF opportunities costing us money?
Technical architecture Critical Criteria:
Grasp Technical architecture planning and adjust implementation of Technical architecture.
– How will you know that the TOGAF project has been successful?
– What business benefits will TOGAF goals deliver if achieved?
– Have all basic functions of TOGAF been defined?
The Open Group Critical Criteria:
Examine The Open Group strategies and find the essential reading for The Open Group researchers.
– In what ways are TOGAF vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with TOGAF ?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a TOGAF study?
US Department of Defense Critical Criteria:
Consider US Department of Defense planning and adjust implementation of US Department of Defense.
– How do we Improve TOGAF service perception, and satisfaction?
– How will you measure your TOGAF effectiveness?
United States Department of Defense Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap United States Department of Defense projects and describe which business rules are needed as United States Department of Defense interface.
– In the case of a TOGAF project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a TOGAF project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any TOGAF project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing TOGAF? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom TOGAF project?
Virtual International Authority File Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Virtual International Authority File adoptions and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Virtual International Authority File.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the TOGAF Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
TOGAF External links:
TOGAF – Glitchdata
TOGAF® Version 9.1 – The Open Group
[PDF]Module 2 TOGAF 9 Components
The Open Group Architecture Framework External links:
The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) – Core Concepts
The Open Group Architecture Framework Version 8.1.1
[PDF]The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) …
Architecture domain External links:
W3C Architecture Domain [Closed]
Architecture framework External links:
DODAF – DOD Architecture Framework Version 2.02 – …
Association of Enterprise Architects External links:
Association of Enterprise Architects – Official Site
Association of Enterprise Architects (AEA) – EA Voices
Association of Enterprise Architects – Acclaim
Business architecture External links:
Business Architecture Center of Excellence
Business Architecture Guild
Business Architecture Jobs – Business Architecture Guild
Data architecture External links:
Certica Solutions: K-12 Cloud Platform and Data Architecture
Dow Jones Global Titans 50 External links:
Dow Jones Global Titans 50 Index – investopedia.com
Enterprise Architecture framework External links:
TOGAF as an Enterprise Architecture Framework
Enterprise architecture External links:
Zachman International – Enterprise Architecture
Center for Enterprise Architecture
Enterprise Architecture Standards | CDT
Fortune 500 External links:
10 Local Companies Make Fortune 500 – Philadelphia Magazine
IEEE 1471 External links:
[PDF]Knowledge mechanisms in IEEE 1471 & ISO/IEC 42010
IEEE 1471: History – iso-architecture.org
Conceptual Framework for ISO/IEC 42010:2007 – IEEE 1471…
Information architecture External links:
Information Architecture Resource Library | IA Institute
Information Architecture Basics | Usability.gov
Information Architecture | Webtools
Library of Congress Control Number External links:
Library of Congress Control Number – iUniverse
What is an LCCN (Library of Congress Control Number)?
Library of Congress Control Number – Balboa Press
Performance engineering External links:
Home – Korkar Performance Engineering
Lingenfelter Performance Engineering – Official Site
Service-oriented architecture External links:
[PDF]Service-Oriented Architecture for Command and …
Technical architecture External links:
Evolving the Apttus Technical Architecture – APTTUS
Joint Technical Architecture (JTA) Standards | IHS Markit
[PDF]Department of the Army Technical Architecture
The Open Group External links:
2018 Passleader The Open Group OG0-093 Dumps | OG0 …
Customer Service :: The Open Group
The Open Group Architecture Framework – Official Site
United States Department of Defense External links:
United States Department of Defense
United States Department of Defense Standards of …
Virtual International Authority File External links:
ERIC – A Virtual International Authority File., 2001-Aug