What is involved in Unified Communications and Collaboration
Find out what the related areas are that Unified Communications and Collaboration connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Unified Communications and Collaboration thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Unified Communications and Collaboration UCC journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Unified Communications and Collaboration UCC leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Unified Communications and Collaboration related domains to cover and 105 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Unified Communications and Collaboration, Unified communications, Call control, Collaborative software, Communications service provider, Computer network, Computer speech recognition, Desktop sharing, Digital signage, Emergency communication system, Extension Mobility, Fixed-mobile convergence, IBM Lotus Sametime, IP telephony, Instant messaging, Intelligent network service, Interactive whiteboard, Internet Protocol Television, Juniper Networks, Key telephone system, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Windows, Mobile collaboration, Mozilla Thunderbird, Network World, Office Communications Server, Phone company, Presence information, Presence service, Private branch exchange, Real-time Transport Protocol, Software as a service, Speech recognition, Telecommunication circuit, Telephone exchange, Unified Communications Interoperability Forum, Unified Communications as a Service, Unified communications management, Unified messaging, Unify GmbH & Co. KG, Video conferencing, Voice over Internet Protocol:
Unified Communications and Collaboration Critical Criteria:
Track Unified Communications and Collaboration risks and get the big picture.
– In a project to restructure Unified Communications and Collaboration outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Do we monitor the Unified Communications and Collaboration decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Unified communications Critical Criteria:
Chat re Unified communications planning and proactively manage Unified communications risks.
– What threat is Unified Communications and Collaboration addressing?
Call control Critical Criteria:
Examine Call control projects and assess and formulate effective operational and Call control strategies.
– Does the Unified Communications and Collaboration task fit the clients priorities?
– Why are Unified Communications and Collaboration skills important?
– How to deal with Unified Communications and Collaboration Changes?
Collaborative software Critical Criteria:
Grasp Collaborative software visions and grade techniques for implementing Collaborative software controls.
– what is the best design framework for Unified Communications and Collaboration organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Unified Communications and Collaboration? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Unified Communications and Collaboration requirements in detail?
Communications service provider Critical Criteria:
Study Communications service provider strategies and tour deciding if Communications service provider progress is made.
– If voip is classified as a telecommunications service, should access charges for it be different from those paid by non-ip-enabled telecommunications service providers?
– Do the Unified Communications and Collaboration decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Does Unified Communications and Collaboration appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Discuss Computer network decisions and triple focus on important concepts of Computer network relationship management.
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
– Is the scope of Unified Communications and Collaboration defined?
Computer speech recognition Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Computer speech recognition leadership and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Computer speech recognition decisions.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Unified Communications and Collaboration in a volatile global economy?
– What are the barriers to increased Unified Communications and Collaboration production?
Desktop sharing Critical Criteria:
Learn from Desktop sharing goals and catalog what business benefits will Desktop sharing goals deliver if achieved.
– Does Unified Communications and Collaboration include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– How would one define Unified Communications and Collaboration leadership?
– Are there Unified Communications and Collaboration problems defined?
Digital signage Critical Criteria:
Discourse Digital signage goals and ask what if.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Unified Communications and Collaboration processes of our organization?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Unified Communications and Collaboration study?
– Is Unified Communications and Collaboration Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Emergency communication system Critical Criteria:
Face Emergency communication system leadership and integrate design thinking in Emergency communication system innovation.
– Is Unified Communications and Collaboration dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What are current Unified Communications and Collaboration Paradigms?
– How do we keep improving Unified Communications and Collaboration?
Extension Mobility Critical Criteria:
Analyze Extension Mobility goals and find the ideas you already have.
– For your Unified Communications and Collaboration project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Is maximizing Unified Communications and Collaboration protection the same as minimizing Unified Communications and Collaboration loss?
– Does our organization need more Unified Communications and Collaboration education?
Fixed-mobile convergence Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Fixed-mobile convergence management and achieve a single Fixed-mobile convergence view and bringing data together.
– To what extent does management recognize Unified Communications and Collaboration as a tool to increase the results?
– Are assumptions made in Unified Communications and Collaboration stated explicitly?
IBM Lotus Sametime Critical Criteria:
Drive IBM Lotus Sametime outcomes and get the big picture.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Unified Communications and Collaboration is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– In what ways are Unified Communications and Collaboration vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Unified Communications and Collaboration process?
IP telephony Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about IP telephony failures and cater for concise IP telephony education.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Unified Communications and Collaboration. How do we gain traction?
– How will you measure your Unified Communications and Collaboration effectiveness?
Instant messaging Critical Criteria:
Meet over Instant messaging failures and optimize Instant messaging leadership as a key to advancement.
– Are you looking for a vendor to provide instant messaging built into the solution so users of the system can instant message each other?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Unified Communications and Collaboration values?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Unified Communications and Collaboration?
– Are there Unified Communications and Collaboration Models?
Intelligent network service Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Intelligent network service strategies and forecast involvement of future Intelligent network service projects in development.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Unified Communications and Collaboration project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Unified Communications and Collaboration project lifecycle?
– Can we add value to the current Unified Communications and Collaboration decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Unified Communications and Collaboration that make it risky?
Interactive whiteboard Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Interactive whiteboard decisions and acquire concise Interactive whiteboard education.
– What are our Unified Communications and Collaboration Processes?
Internet Protocol Television Critical Criteria:
Talk about Internet Protocol Television risks and oversee implementation of Internet Protocol Television.
– How to Secure Unified Communications and Collaboration?
Juniper Networks Critical Criteria:
Depict Juniper Networks tasks and pay attention to the small things.
– When a Unified Communications and Collaboration manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Key telephone system Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Key telephone system projects and check on ways to get started with Key telephone system.
– What is Effective Unified Communications and Collaboration?
Lotus Notes Critical Criteria:
Canvass Lotus Notes goals and get the big picture.
– Is there a Unified Communications and Collaboration Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Can we do Unified Communications and Collaboration without complex (expensive) analysis?
Microsoft Outlook Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Microsoft Outlook adoptions and find out what it really means.
– Who will provide the final approval of Unified Communications and Collaboration deliverables?
– What are the business goals Unified Communications and Collaboration is aiming to achieve?
Microsoft Windows Critical Criteria:
Investigate Microsoft Windows tactics and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Microsoft Windows results.
Mobile collaboration Critical Criteria:
Confer over Mobile collaboration engagements and report on setting up Mobile collaboration without losing ground.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Unified Communications and Collaboration processes?
– What will drive Unified Communications and Collaboration change?
Mozilla Thunderbird Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Mozilla Thunderbird strategies and transcribe Mozilla Thunderbird as tomorrows backbone for success.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Unified Communications and Collaboration move?
– Who needs to know about Unified Communications and Collaboration ?
– Is Unified Communications and Collaboration Required?
Network World Critical Criteria:
X-ray Network World risks and get going.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Unified Communications and Collaboration effort?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Unified Communications and Collaboration activities?
Office Communications Server Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Office Communications Server governance and report on the economics of relationships managing Office Communications Server and constraints.
– Are accountability and ownership for Unified Communications and Collaboration clearly defined?
– Why is Unified Communications and Collaboration important for you now?
Phone company Critical Criteria:
Scan Phone company outcomes and work towards be a leading Phone company expert.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Unified Communications and Collaboration strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Does Unified Communications and Collaboration systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– How do we go about Securing Unified Communications and Collaboration?
Presence information Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Presence information governance and secure Presence information creativity.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Unified Communications and Collaboration process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Unified Communications and Collaboration process available?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Unified Communications and Collaboration products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Do Unified Communications and Collaboration rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Presence service Critical Criteria:
Grasp Presence service governance and describe the risks of Presence service sustainability.
– What is the purpose of Unified Communications and Collaboration in relation to the mission?
Private branch exchange Critical Criteria:
Derive from Private branch exchange leadership and research ways can we become the Private branch exchange company that would put us out of business.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Unified Communications and Collaboration?
– What is our formula for success in Unified Communications and Collaboration ?
– How do we Lead with Unified Communications and Collaboration in Mind?
Real-time Transport Protocol Critical Criteria:
Confer over Real-time Transport Protocol strategies and give examples utilizing a core of simple Real-time Transport Protocol skills.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Unified Communications and Collaboration, including any consulting or professional services?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Unified Communications and Collaboration moving forward?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Consult on Software as a service strategies and find the ideas you already have.
– How do we measure improved Unified Communications and Collaboration service perception, and satisfaction?
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
Speech recognition Critical Criteria:
Study Speech recognition projects and intervene in Speech recognition processes and leadership.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Unified Communications and Collaboration experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
Telecommunication circuit Critical Criteria:
Investigate Telecommunication circuit issues and gather practices for scaling Telecommunication circuit.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Unified Communications and Collaboration leader?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Unified Communications and Collaboration agendas for the next 3 years?
– Is the Unified Communications and Collaboration organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Telephone exchange Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Telephone exchange adoptions and assess what counts with Telephone exchange that we are not counting.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Unified Communications and Collaboration activities?
– What are all of our Unified Communications and Collaboration domains and what do they do?
Unified Communications Interoperability Forum Critical Criteria:
Guide Unified Communications Interoperability Forum engagements and separate what are the business goals Unified Communications Interoperability Forum is aiming to achieve.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Unified Communications and Collaboration is underway?
Unified Communications as a Service Critical Criteria:
Confer over Unified Communications as a Service quality and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Unified Communications as a Service.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Unified Communications and Collaboration project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– How do we Improve Unified Communications and Collaboration service perception, and satisfaction?
Unified communications management Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Unified communications management visions and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Unified communications management projects.
– Will Unified Communications and Collaboration have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Unified Communications and Collaboration into the services that we provide?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Unified Communications and Collaboration project?
Unified messaging Critical Criteria:
X-ray Unified messaging issues and secure Unified messaging creativity.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Unified Communications and Collaboration ?
Unify GmbH & Co. KG Critical Criteria:
Jump start Unify GmbH & Co. KG quality and mentor Unify GmbH & Co. KG customer orientation.
– Do those selected for the Unified Communications and Collaboration team have a good general understanding of what Unified Communications and Collaboration is all about?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Unified Communications and Collaboration does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
Video conferencing Critical Criteria:
Value Video conferencing goals and document what potential Video conferencing megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Unified Communications and Collaboration forward?
– Think of your Unified Communications and Collaboration project. what are the main functions?
Voice over Internet Protocol Critical Criteria:
Discourse Voice over Internet Protocol governance and balance specific methods for improving Voice over Internet Protocol results.
– Do we all define Unified Communications and Collaboration in the same way?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Unified Communications and Collaboration UCC Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Unified Communications and Collaboration External links:
Unified Communications and Collaboration | UC-One
Unified communications External links:
Unified Communications & Business Phone Service – Vonage
Unified Communications – Cisco
What is Unified Communications? Webopedia Definition
Call control External links:
Call Control Dashboard – Login :: Welltok
Call Control – Block calls for mobile, home and carriers
Call Control – Cisco
Collaborative software External links:
Home – IRIS Business Architect collaborative software
Collaborative software solutions from MultiTaction
Dicolab – Creators of multi-user collaborative software
Communications service provider External links:
Communications Service Provider – Opus Networks
Computer network External links:
15-1152.00 – Computer Network Support Specialists
Computer network (eBook, 2009) [WorldCat.org]
Computer speech recognition External links:
COMPUTER SPEECH RECOGNITION WITH NEURAL …
[PDF]Computer Speech Recognition and Language …
Desktop sharing External links:
Join a Desktop Sharing Session | www.mikogo.com
Desktop Sharing for Mac Linux Windows – ShowMyPC
Ammyy Admin – Free Remote Desktop Sharing and …
Digital signage External links:
Industry Weapon Digital Signage
Kiosks & Digital Signage – Customer Experience Leader
Emergency communication system External links:
Radio Hailer – Emergency Communication System
Emergency Communication System Overview – Cornell
Emergency Communication System – UTA
Extension Mobility External links:
Extension mobility error – 86086 – The Cisco Learning …
EXTENSION MOBILITY- XML Error  Parse Error ?? – …
Configuring Extension Mobility – YouTube
IBM Lotus Sametime External links:
IBM Lotus Sametime 9.0 – Administration
IBM Lotus Sametime Connect for browsers
IBM Lotus Sametime Meetings – Meeting Room Center
IP telephony External links:
[PDF]IP Telephony Contact Centers Services Avaya IP …
IP Telephony Voice over IP (VoIP) – Cisco
Why Choose ShoreTel? IP Telephony & UC Solutions
Instant messaging External links:
Business Instant Messaging Software | LivePerson
CME Pivot Instant Messaging Platform – CME Group
ICE Instant Messaging
Intelligent network service External links:
System, intelligent network service engine and method …
INSO means Intelligent Network Service Operator – All …
[PDF]Requirements for intelligent network service …
Interactive whiteboard External links:
Interactive Whiteboard Games | PBS KIDS
Annotate | Mobile Interactive Whiteboard, Student …
Internet Protocol Television External links:
Home – Expat TellyExpat Telly | Internet Protocol Television
Internet Protocol Television | Webster University
Internet Protocol Television
Juniper Networks External links:
Juniper Networks, Inc. (JNPR) Pre-Market Trading – NASDAQ.com
Juniper Networks – Official Site
Juniper Networks – Sunnyvale, CA
Key telephone system External links:
What is KEY TELEPHONE SYSTEM (KTS)? definition of …
Toshiba CTX 670 CIX 670 Key Telephone System
Key telephone system – KERMAN; STEPHEN
Lotus Notes External links:
[PDF]Lotus Notes Client Version 8.5 Reference Guide
Microsoft Outlook External links:
G Suite Sync for Microsoft Outlook® – Google
NK2Edit: Edit AutoComplete files (.NK2) of Microsoft Outlook
Setting Up Your E-mail in Microsoft Outlook
Mobile collaboration External links:
eesyQ Mobile Collaboration Platform
Mobile Collaboration Platform – eesyQ
Mobile Collaboration – Send Word Now
Mozilla Thunderbird External links:
Mozilla Thunderbird is a free email program that offers a range of options for PC users without access to robust paid software like Microsoft Outlook. Allowing
How to Install Add‐ons to Mozilla Thunderbird: 10 Steps
Network World External links:
Network World – IDG Enterprise
Air India’s International Network World Map – Air India
Office Communications Server External links:
Download Office Communications Server 2007 and 2007 …
Office Communications Server or Lync Server 2010 …
Download Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 …
Phone company External links:
Cell Phone Company Transparency Report | CREDO Mobile
Press Room | Mobile News | Cell Phone Company | U.S. Cellular
Presence service External links:
Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM & Presence Service
Private branch exchange External links:
PBX (private branch exchange) – Gartner IT Glossary
PBX (Private Branch eXchange) – The Tech-FAQ
About the Symantec Private Branch Exchange
Real-time Transport Protocol External links:
Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) Parameters
[PDF]Configuring Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol …
Display Filter Reference: Real-Time Transport Protocol
Software as a service External links:
Software as a Service | Accenture
DENTAWEB Software as a service
Enterprise Gamification Software as a Service Platform
Speech recognition External links:
SayIt from nVoq – Speech Recognition in the Cloud
Speech API – Speech Recognition | Google Cloud Platform
Use speech recognition
Telecommunication circuit External links:
http://A telecommunication circuit is any line, conductor, or other conduit by which information is transmitted. A dedicated circuit, private circuit, or leased line is a line that is dedicated to only one use. Originally, this was analog, and was often used by radio stations as a studio/transmitter link (STL) or remote pickup unit (RPU) for their audio, sometimes as a backup to other means.
Telephone exchange External links:
Online BillPay – Steelville Telephone Exchange Inc.
North American Telephone Exchange Lookup by NPA NXX
Unified Communications Interoperability Forum External links:
Unified Communications Interoperability Forum
http://The Unified Communications Interoperability Forum is a non-profit alliance between communications technology vendors. It was announced on May 19, 2010, with the vision to maximize the interoperability of UC based on existing standards. Founding members of UCIF were HP, Microsoft, Polycom, Logitech / LifeSize Communications, and Juniper Networks. On July 28, 2014 UCIF merged with International Multimedia Telecommunications Consortium into one consortium.
Unified Communications as a Service External links:
UCaaS, Unified Communications As A Service | Masergy
Unified communications management External links:
[PDF]Using Unified Communications Management to …
[PDF]Using Unified Communications Management (UCM) …
[PDF]Nortel Unified Communications Management …
Unified messaging External links:
Voice mail in Exchange Online: Unified Messaging
What is unified messaging (unified messaging system or …
Unify GmbH & Co. KG External links:
Unify GmbH & Co. KG – RSA Security
Video conferencing External links:
Zoom Audio and Video Conferencing
Voice over Internet Protocol External links:
[PDF]Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)
VoIP Calling | How Voice Over Internet Protocol Works
“Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP), Video Games, and …