What is involved in Computer performance
Find out what the related areas are that Computer performance connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Computer performance thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Computer performance journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Computer performance leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Computer performance related domains to cover and 174 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Computer performance, Source code, Performance engineering, Interrupt latency, Google search technology, Compiler optimization, System spectral efficiency, Software metric, Human–computer interaction, Software application, Instruction set, Megahertz myth, Channel capacity, Instruction set simulator, Computer performance, Data flow diagram, Machine code, Speculative execution, Green computing, Ecological footprint, Algorithmic efficiency, Relative efficiency, Instructions per second, Performance per watt, Wireless network, Mutual information, Dynamic program analysis, Software engineering, Real-time computing, Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation, Data compression, Parallel computing, World War II, Computer software, Service time, Computing resource, Speed up, Binary multiplier, Software performance testing, Embedded processor, Branch predictor, CPU design, High availability, Network performance, Out-of-order execution, Completion time, Cellular communication networks, Performance tuning, Instructions per cycle, Fast Fourier transform, Noisy-channel coding theorem, Software quality, Information entropy, Propagation delay, Information theory, Perceived performance:
Computer performance Critical Criteria:
Sort Computer performance projects and find out.
– Does Computer performance systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Are accountability and ownership for Computer performance clearly defined?
– What is Effective Computer performance?
Source code Critical Criteria:
Generalize Source code leadership and triple focus on important concepts of Source code relationship management.
– Have the cis and the exact version or revision that constitutes a particular baseline (documents, source code, problem reports and change documents) been identified?
– How are unauthorized changes to source code prevented, detected, and corrected?
– Access Control To Program Source Code: Is access to program source code restricted?
– Which Computer performance goals are the most important?
– Why should we adopt a Computer performance framework?
Performance engineering Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Performance engineering goals and plan concise Performance engineering education.
– What are the key elements of your Computer performance performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
Interrupt latency Critical Criteria:
Participate in Interrupt latency management and get the big picture.
– Can we add value to the current Computer performance decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How can you measure Computer performance in a systematic way?
– How do we keep improving Computer performance?
Google search technology Critical Criteria:
Scan Google search technology leadership and overcome Google search technology skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Who sets the Computer performance standards?
– How do we maintain Computer performances Integrity?
Compiler optimization Critical Criteria:
Infer Compiler optimization results and give examples utilizing a core of simple Compiler optimization skills.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Computer performance strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
System spectral efficiency Critical Criteria:
Adapt System spectral efficiency failures and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in System spectral efficiency.
– To what extent does management recognize Computer performance as a tool to increase the results?
– How do we manage Computer performance Knowledge Management (KM)?
– How is the value delivered by Computer performance being measured?
Software metric Critical Criteria:
Infer Software metric tasks and develop and take control of the Software metric initiative.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Computer performance. How do we gain traction?
– Think about the functions involved in your Computer performance project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What are the best software metrics for discerning Agile (vs. non-Agile) process effects on teams artifacts?
– How to Secure Computer performance?
Human–computer interaction Critical Criteria:
Nurse Human–computer interaction decisions and transcribe Human–computer interaction as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Does Computer performance create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Computer performance with what users do day-to-day?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Computer performance ?
Software application Critical Criteria:
Jump start Software application leadership and proactively manage Software application risks.
– what is the BI software application landscape going to look like in the next 5 years?
– What are the short and long-term Computer performance goals?
– What are our Computer performance Processes?
Instruction set Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Instruction set quality and get answers.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Computer performance services/products?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Computer performance leader?
– Who needs to know about Computer performance ?
Megahertz myth Critical Criteria:
Learn from Megahertz myth outcomes and intervene in Megahertz myth processes and leadership.
– What are our needs in relation to Computer performance skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Computer performance activities?
Channel capacity Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Channel capacity management and get the big picture.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Computer performance leaders?
– Do we have past Computer performance Successes?
Instruction set simulator Critical Criteria:
Shape Instruction set simulator leadership and track iterative Instruction set simulator results.
– Will Computer performance have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Computer performance objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Will Computer performance deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Computer performance Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Computer performance results and ask what if.
Data flow diagram Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Data flow diagram risks and find out.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Computer performance project?
– Do we monitor the Computer performance decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Machine code Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Machine code tasks and plan concise Machine code education.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Computer performance into the services that we provide?
Speculative execution Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Speculative execution visions and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Speculative execution projects.
– What are internal and external Computer performance relations?
Green computing Critical Criteria:
Check Green computing strategies and pioneer acquisition of Green computing systems.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Computer performance models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What are the long-term Computer performance goals?
Ecological footprint Critical Criteria:
X-ray Ecological footprint projects and develop and take control of the Ecological footprint initiative.
– How would one define Computer performance leadership?
– Is the scope of Computer performance defined?
Algorithmic efficiency Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Algorithmic efficiency planning and budget for Algorithmic efficiency challenges.
– Among the Computer performance product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Computer performance processes of our organization?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Computer performance opportunities costing us money?
Relative efficiency Critical Criteria:
Canvass Relative efficiency strategies and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Relative efficiency is getting what it needs.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Computer performance information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Computer performance process?
Instructions per second Critical Criteria:
Deduce Instructions per second quality and create Instructions per second explanations for all managers.
– Does Computer performance include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Are there recognized Computer performance problems?
Performance per watt Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Performance per watt issues and tour deciding if Performance per watt progress is made.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Computer performance project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Computer performance project lifecycle?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Computer performance is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Computer performance that make it risky?
Wireless network Critical Criteria:
Derive from Wireless network goals and sort Wireless network activities.
– If wireless technology is used, do perimeter firewalls exist between wireless networks and the payment card environment?
– What percentage of classrooms in the school has access to the schools wireless network?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Computer performance moving forward?
– How much does Computer performance help?
Mutual information Critical Criteria:
Probe Mutual information risks and define what do we need to start doing with Mutual information.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Computer performance product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What are the disruptive Computer performance technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How to deal with Computer performance Changes?
Dynamic program analysis Critical Criteria:
Focus on Dynamic program analysis tactics and slay a dragon.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Computer performance workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Computer performance products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Software engineering Critical Criteria:
Add value to Software engineering tasks and budget for Software engineering challenges.
– DevOps isnt really a product. Its not something you can buy. DevOps is fundamentally about culture and about the quality of your application. And by quality I mean the specific software engineering term of quality, of different quality attributes. What matters to you?
– Can we answer questions like: Was the software process followed and software engineering standards been properly applied?
– In what ways are Computer performance vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– How do we measure improved Computer performance service perception, and satisfaction?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Computer performance?
– Better, and cheaper than software engineering?
Real-time computing Critical Criteria:
Reason over Real-time computing tactics and create Real-time computing explanations for all managers.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Computer performance does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation Critical Criteria:
Adapt Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation planning and explain and analyze the challenges of Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Computer performance strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Have you identified your Computer performance key performance indicators?
– What is our Computer performance Strategy?
Data compression Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Data compression results and observe effective Data compression.
– How do we know that any Computer performance analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Computer performance been identified and analyzed?
Parallel computing Critical Criteria:
Check Parallel computing tasks and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Parallel computing projects.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Computer performance activities?
– What are the business goals Computer performance is aiming to achieve?
World War II Critical Criteria:
Wrangle World War II risks and plan concise World War II education.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Computer performance?
– What are current Computer performance Paradigms?
Computer software Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Computer software strategies and stake your claim.
– Do the Computer performance decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What are specific Computer performance Rules to follow?
Service time Critical Criteria:
Steer Service time decisions and catalog Service time activities.
– Is Computer performance dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Computing resource Critical Criteria:
Dissect Computing resource engagements and don’t overlook the obvious.
– When information truly is ubiquitous, when reach and connectivity are completely global, when computing resources are infinite, and when a whole new set of impossibilities are not only possible, but happening, what will that do to our business?
– Does your department or organizational unit manage or support computing resources (data bases, hardware, web pages, etc.) that are used by people that access those resources from outside your department?
– Which component(s) of a cloud infrastructure framework helps automating the creation and delivery of computing resources to the consumers?
– Which cloud computing characteristic enables consumers to get computing resources without any human intervention?
– Does any other department depend on data or computing resources that your department provides?
– How does the organization acquire and allocate its computing resources?
– How do we Identify specific Computer performance investment and emerging trends?
Speed up Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Speed up tasks and tour deciding if Speed up progress is made.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Computer performance? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Computer performance project manager?
– Do we all define Computer performance in the same way?
Binary multiplier Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Binary multiplier issues and mentor Binary multiplier customer orientation.
– Do those selected for the Computer performance team have a good general understanding of what Computer performance is all about?
Software performance testing Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Software performance testing visions and oversee Software performance testing requirements.
Embedded processor Critical Criteria:
Categorize Embedded processor governance and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Embedded processor projects.
Branch predictor Critical Criteria:
Drive Branch predictor planning and point out Branch predictor tensions in leadership.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Computer performance, including any consulting or professional services?
– Is Computer performance Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
CPU design Critical Criteria:
Systematize CPU design governance and check on ways to get started with CPU design.
High availability Critical Criteria:
Gauge High availability decisions and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive High availability decisions.
– What are some of our practices for having application consistent snapshots across multiple persistent storage systems for disaster recovery and or high availability purposes?
– Should the deployment occur in high availability mode or should we configure in bypass mode?
– How can sdn be applied in the context of disaster recovery and high availability?
– Are our applications designed for high availability and disaster recovery?
– Is the application designed for high availability and disaster recovery?
Network performance Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Network performance governance and describe which business rules are needed as Network performance interface.
– Monitoring network performance under constraints, for e.g., once the network utilization has crossed a threshold, how does a particular class of traffic behave?
– Is the Computer performance organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Out-of-order execution Critical Criteria:
Read up on Out-of-order execution quality and look at it backwards.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Computer performance move?
– How do we Lead with Computer performance in Mind?
Completion time Critical Criteria:
Guard Completion time planning and achieve a single Completion time view and bringing data together.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Computer performance process?
Cellular communication networks Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Cellular communication networks governance and point out improvements in Cellular communication networks.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Computer performance is underway?
– What is the source of the strategies for Computer performance strengthening and reform?
Performance tuning Critical Criteria:
Depict Performance tuning leadership and cater for concise Performance tuning education.
– How do we go about Securing Computer performance?
Instructions per cycle Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Instructions per cycle governance and handle a jump-start course to Instructions per cycle.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Computer performance process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Computer performance process available?
– How can the value of Computer performance be defined?
– Instructions per cycle?
Fast Fourier transform Critical Criteria:
Detail Fast Fourier transform adoptions and sort Fast Fourier transform activities.
– Is there any existing Computer performance governance structure?
Noisy-channel coding theorem Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Noisy-channel coding theorem tasks and get out your magnifying glass.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Computer performance goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Computer performance?
– Is Supporting Computer performance documentation required?
Software quality Critical Criteria:
Categorize Software quality management and slay a dragon.
– Does the software Quality Assurance function have a management reporting channel separate from the software development project management?
– Are software Quality Assurance tests a part of the general hardware acceptance test on the customers machine before it leaves the factory?
– Do software Quality Assurance test programs undergo the same production cycle and method (except q/a) as the software they test?
– Is software Quality Assurance done by an independently reporting agency representing the interests of the eventual user?
– Is at least one person engaged in software Quality Assurance for every ten engaged in its fabrication?
– What are the best practices for software quality assurance when using agile development methodologies?
– The need for high-quality software is glaring. But what constitutes software quality?
Information entropy Critical Criteria:
Deduce Information entropy risks and innovate what needs to be done with Information entropy.
– Think of your Computer performance project. what are the main functions?
Propagation delay Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Propagation delay decisions and look at the big picture.
– When a Computer performance manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Information theory Critical Criteria:
Track Information theory tactics and catalog what business benefits will Information theory goals deliver if achieved.
Perceived performance Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Perceived performance issues and reduce Perceived performance costs.
– How do we go about Comparing Computer performance approaches/solutions?
– Are there Computer performance Models?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Computer performance Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Computer performance External links:
Possible computer performance issue with …
How to Boost Computer Performance: 9 Steps (with …
How to Boost Computer Performance: 9 Steps (with …
Source code External links:
Buy Apps & Games Source Code iOS / Android – Sell My App
Source Code (2011) – IMDb
Software and Source Code Escrow Services | EscrowTech
Performance engineering External links:
Lingenfelter Performance Engineering – Official Site
Hi-Performance Engineering, Inc.
Home – Korkar Performance Engineering
Interrupt latency External links:
CORTEX-M0 Interrupt latency – SourceForge
Interrupt Latency (Xeon E5504) |Intel Communities
ARM Cortex-A Interrupt Latency | JBLopen
Google search technology External links:
Yahoo dumps Google search technology – CNET
Compiler optimization External links:
Compiler Optimization – Quora
Compiler Optimization | ABO Cloud Service Login
What is compiler optimization? – Quora
Human–computer interaction External links:
Software application External links:
Software Application Design & Development – NM DoIT
Help You Sponsor – Child Sponsorship Software Application
Instruction set External links:
RISC-V Foundation | Instruction Set Architecture (ISA)
Megahertz myth External links:
The megahertz myth | ZDNet
Megahertz myth | Technology | The Guardian
Channel capacity External links:
The Four C’s of Channel Capacity Planning – The Spur Group
[PDF]Channel Capacity with Side Information – A Uniﬁed View
Instruction set simulator External links:
[PDF]A Hybrid Instruction Set Simulator for System Level …
Instruction Set Simulator Development in C – YouTube
Computer performance External links:
How to Boost Computer Performance: 9 Steps (with …
Easy PC Optimizer | Speed Up Computer Performance
How to Boost Computer Performance: 9 Steps (with …
Data flow diagram External links:
What is a Data Flow Diagram | Lucidchart
What is Data Flow Diagram (DFD)? How to Draw DFD?
[PDF]Data Flow Diagram – California
Machine code External links:
G-codes Machine Code Reference | Tormach Inc. providers …
Assembly code vs Machine code vs Object code? – Stack Ove…
What is “Machine Code” (aka “Machine Language”)?
Speculative execution External links:
Processor Speculative Execution Research Disclosure
Green computing External links:
What is Green Computing? – Definition from Techopedia
What are the advantages of green computing? – Quora
[PDF]Google’s Green Computing: Efficiency at Scale
Ecological footprint External links:
The Ecological Footprint (2005) – IMDb
[PDF]Ecological footprinting: a guide for local authorities
Algorithmic efficiency External links:
Algorithmic Efficiency (Prime Adventure part 3) – YouTube
Relative efficiency External links:
[PDF]Relative Efficiency of TLD-100 – NASA
Instructions per second External links:
million instructions per second – Vocabulary.com
https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/million instructions per second
Instructions per second – YouTube
Wireless network External links:
AT&T MicroCell Wireless Network Extender
Internet Connection – Home Wireless Network Setup | AT&T
How to set up Wireless Network Connection in Windows …
Dynamic program analysis External links:
CiteSeerX — DYNAMIC PROGRAM ANALYSIS BY
[PDF]Dynamic Program Analysis – Purdue University
[PDF]Decoupling dynamic program analysis from …
Software engineering External links:
Software Engineering Institute
Academy for Software Engineering / Homepage
Real-time computing External links:
Real-time computing – definition of Real-time computing …
Real-time computing | Article about Real-time computing …
ERIC – Real-Time Computing in Psychology at the …
Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation External links:
SPEC – Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation
Data compression External links:
Data compression (Book, 2004) [WorldCat.org]
PKZIP | Data Compression | PKWARE
Data Compression | Data Compression | Code
Parallel computing External links:
Parallel Computing Institute – Parallel@Illinois
What is Parallel Computing? – Definition from Techopedia
IBM Demos In-Memory Massively Parallel Computing | …
World War II External links:
Adolf Hitler – World War II – HISTORY.com
World War II – Battles, Facts, Videos & Pictures – History.com
Flight World War II (2015) – IMDb
Computer software External links:
Computer Software Training | Pryor Learning Solutions
Service time External links:
Service Time & Directions – Calvary Chapel Chino Hills
Computing resource External links:
Blues – Laboratory Computing Resource Center
nsf17542 Petascale Computing Resource Allocations …
Academic Computing Resource Center – CCSF Home Page
Speed up External links:
Avast Cleanup | Tune Up & Speed Up Your Windows PC
25 Foods That Speed Up Your Metabolism | Eat This Not That
MyCleanPC.com Official Site – speed Up My Pc – Clean My Pc
Binary multiplier External links:
What is a binary multiplier circuit? – Quora
Binary Multiplier by Jonathan Belocura on Prezi
Software performance testing External links:
A1QA – Software Performance Testing Services
What is Software Performance Testing? – Segue …
Software Performance Testing Services | Zenergy …
Embedded processor External links:
Embedded Processor – Wiredzone.com
embedded processor | computing | Britannica.com
Downloads for Embedded Processor Software
Branch predictor External links:
[PDF]Microbenchmarks for determining branch predictor …
CPU design External links:
[PDF]Lecture 16: Basic CPU Design – School of Computing
CPU Design – Home | Facebook
Experimental pipelined 4502 CPU design – GitHub
High availability External links:
FlashGrid | Database High Availability Simplified
High Availability Replication Software | EVault & DoubleTake
Network performance External links:
Sprint IP Network Performance
Optimizing network performance for Microsoft Office 365
Netbeez | Real-Time Network Performance Monitoring
Completion time External links:
Meeting ITIL SLAs: MSA for Project Completion Time
http://www.isixsigma.com › … › Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA)/Gage R&R
District of Kansas | RULE 26.1 COMPLETION TIME FOR …
Instructions per cycle External links:
Instructions per cycle – Gary explains – YouTube
Fast Fourier transform External links:
[PDF]Fast Fourier Transform MATLAB Implementation
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dlm/3350 comm sys/FFTandMatLab-wanjun huang.pdf
What is Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) – YouTube
Fast Fourier transform – MATLAB fft
Noisy-channel coding theorem External links:
[PDF]The Noisy-Channel Coding Theorem – Mathematics
Shannon’s Noisy-Channel Coding Theorem – YouTube
Software quality External links:
[PDF]Software Quality Assurance Plan – US Department of …
Software Quality Assurance Engineer Job Description
Information entropy External links:
[PDF]information entropy 07 – Fraunhofer HHI
information entropy – Wiktionary
Title: Shannon Information Entropy in Heavy-ion Collisions
Propagation delay External links:
http://Because they’re measuring different things. Propagation delay is how long it takes one bit to travel from one end of the “wire” to the other (it’s proportional to the length of the wire, crudely). Transmission delay is how long it takes to get all the bits into the wire in the first place (it’s packet_length/data_rate).
Propagation Delay vs Trasmission delay – Stack Overflow
2 Answers – Why does propagation delay occur? – Quora
Information theory External links:
Information Theory authors/titles recent submissions
Information Theory authors/titles Mar 2012
Information theory | mathematics | Britannica.com
Perceived performance External links:
An Introduction to Perceived Performance – Treehouse …
Measuring Perceived Performance | Standard Metrics