What is involved in Public Cloud Computing
Find out what the related areas are that Public Cloud Computing connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Public Cloud Computing thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Public Cloud Computing journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Public Cloud Computing leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Public Cloud Computing related domains to cover and 151 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Public Cloud Computing, Computer security, Unified Parallel C, Pay as you go, Loop-level parallelism, Analysis of parallel algorithms, Cloud engineering, Manycore processor, Object storage, Speculative multithreading, Public utility, Karp–Flatt metric, Comparison of structured storage software, Quality control, Rackspace Cloud, Personal cloud, Ziff Davis, Service-Oriented Architecture, Dew computing, Message Passing Interface, Web user interface, Startup company, Computer network, Distributed memory, Cost efficiency, Information technology, Carrier cloud, Computing platform, Infrastructure as a service, Look and feel, Memory coherence, Cloud API, Research and Development, Desktop computers, Non-uniform memory access, Disk image, IBM cloud computing, Shared memory, Dataflow architecture, Instruction window, Code on demand, Virtual private cloud, Cloud management, Stream processing, Distributed computing, Service provider, Operating system–level virtualization, Virtual Machine Manager, Race condition, Cloud Foundry:
Public Cloud Computing Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Public Cloud Computing adoptions and do something to it.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Public Cloud Computing experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Public Cloud Computing objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What are our Public Cloud Computing Processes?
Computer security Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Computer security adoptions and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Computer security results.
– Does your company provide end-user training to all employees on Cybersecurity, either as part of general staff training or specifically on the topic of computer security and company policy?
– Can we add value to the current Public Cloud Computing decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Will the selection of a particular product limit the future choices of other computer security or operational modifications and improvements?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Public Cloud Computing ?
– What are the long-term Public Cloud Computing goals?
Unified Parallel C Critical Criteria:
Focus on Unified Parallel C quality and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Unified Parallel C.
– What about Public Cloud Computing Analysis of results?
– Why are Public Cloud Computing skills important?
Pay as you go Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Pay as you go governance and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Pay as you go projects.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Public Cloud Computing project manager?
– Are assumptions made in Public Cloud Computing stated explicitly?
Loop-level parallelism Critical Criteria:
Chat re Loop-level parallelism visions and maintain Loop-level parallelism for success.
– Does Public Cloud Computing analysis show the relationships among important Public Cloud Computing factors?
– Are there Public Cloud Computing problems defined?
Analysis of parallel algorithms Critical Criteria:
Study Analysis of parallel algorithms governance and be persistent.
– Does Public Cloud Computing systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Public Cloud Computing forward?
– Why should we adopt a Public Cloud Computing framework?
Cloud engineering Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Cloud engineering management and explain and analyze the challenges of Cloud engineering.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Public Cloud Computing project?
– Is the Public Cloud Computing organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What threat is Public Cloud Computing addressing?
Manycore processor Critical Criteria:
Check Manycore processor results and mentor Manycore processor customer orientation.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Public Cloud Computing move?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Public Cloud Computing Management?
– What will drive Public Cloud Computing change?
Object storage Critical Criteria:
Detail Object storage engagements and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Object storage.
– What is the purpose of Public Cloud Computing in relation to the mission?
– Are there recognized Public Cloud Computing problems?
– Do we have past Public Cloud Computing Successes?
Speculative multithreading Critical Criteria:
Guard Speculative multithreading management and correct Speculative multithreading management by competencies.
– What are the short and long-term Public Cloud Computing goals?
– Which Public Cloud Computing goals are the most important?
Public utility Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Public utility strategies and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Public utility.
– What is the source of the strategies for Public Cloud Computing strengthening and reform?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Public Cloud Computing requirements in detail?
Karp–Flatt metric Critical Criteria:
Participate in Karp–Flatt metric tactics and catalog what business benefits will Karp–Flatt metric goals deliver if achieved.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Public Cloud Computing? There might be some that are less obvious?
– How do we know that any Public Cloud Computing analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What are the usability implications of Public Cloud Computing actions?
Comparison of structured storage software Critical Criteria:
Pilot Comparison of structured storage software projects and ask what if.
– For your Public Cloud Computing project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Public Cloud Computing delivery for example is new software needed?
Quality control Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Quality control goals and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Quality control is getting what it needs.
– Is the Quality Assurance function recognized to be different from implicit and continuous quality control during fabrication, in that it is discrete, explicit following production, and ignores the sequence or nature of the fabrication steps or processes?
– Do we conduct regular data quality audits to ensure that our strategies for enforcing quality control are up-to-date and that any corrective measures undertaken in the past have been successful in improving Data Quality?
– Have we established unit(s) whose primary responsibility is internal audit, Quality Assurance, internal control or quality control?
– What policies do we need to develop or enhance to ensure the quality control of data gathered?
– What quality control measures will be used to ensure the program progresses as planned?
– Think of your Public Cloud Computing project. what are the main functions?
– Do we regularly review and update its Data Quality control procedures?
– Are regulatory inspections considered part of quality control?
– How can skill-level changes improve Public Cloud Computing?
– Do we all define Public Cloud Computing in the same way?
– What is your quality control system?
– What about quality control? Defects?
– What about quality control?
Rackspace Cloud Critical Criteria:
Grasp Rackspace Cloud issues and tour deciding if Rackspace Cloud progress is made.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Public Cloud Computing moving forward?
– What is the name of the rackspace cloud service?
– How do we go about Securing Public Cloud Computing?
Personal cloud Critical Criteria:
Detail Personal cloud planning and assess and formulate effective operational and Personal cloud strategies.
– Is there any open source personal cloud software which provides privacy and ease of use 1 click app installs cross platform html5?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Public Cloud Computing processes of our organization?
– Is a Public Cloud Computing Team Work effort in place?
– How to Secure Public Cloud Computing?
Ziff Davis Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Ziff Davis projects and get out your magnifying glass.
– In a project to restructure Public Cloud Computing outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Service-Oriented Architecture Critical Criteria:
Steer Service-Oriented Architecture leadership and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Service-Oriented Architecture.
– What are current Public Cloud Computing Paradigms?
Dew computing Critical Criteria:
Explore Dew computing issues and create Dew computing explanations for all managers.
– what is the best design framework for Public Cloud Computing organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Public Cloud Computing strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Public Cloud Computing leaders?
Message Passing Interface Critical Criteria:
Canvass Message Passing Interface visions and display thorough understanding of the Message Passing Interface process.
– Do we monitor the Public Cloud Computing decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– How will you measure your Public Cloud Computing effectiveness?
– How can we improve Public Cloud Computing?
Web user interface Critical Criteria:
Track Web user interface governance and customize techniques for implementing Web user interface controls.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Public Cloud Computing been identified and analyzed?
– Does the Public Cloud Computing task fit the clients priorities?
Startup company Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Startup company management and cater for concise Startup company education.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Public Cloud Computing information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Think about the functions involved in your Public Cloud Computing project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What vendors make products that address the Public Cloud Computing needs?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Computer network governance and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Computer network is getting what it needs.
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
– Are there Public Cloud Computing Models?
Distributed memory Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Distributed memory governance and research ways can we become the Distributed memory company that would put us out of business.
– Who will provide the final approval of Public Cloud Computing deliverables?
Cost efficiency Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Cost efficiency management and gather practices for scaling Cost efficiency.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Public Cloud Computing into the services that we provide?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Public Cloud Computing objectives?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Public Cloud Computing project?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Information technology engagements and explore and align the progress in Information technology.
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Public Cloud Computing?
– How can you negotiate Public Cloud Computing successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– To what extent does management recognize Public Cloud Computing as a tool to increase the results?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
Carrier cloud Critical Criteria:
Consider Carrier cloud engagements and tour deciding if Carrier cloud progress is made.
– Can we do Public Cloud Computing without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What are the barriers to increased Public Cloud Computing production?
Computing platform Critical Criteria:
Explore Computing platform strategies and get the big picture.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Public Cloud Computing goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Infrastructure as a service Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Infrastructure as a service quality and change contexts.
– Is the scope of Public Cloud Computing defined?
Look and feel Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Look and feel failures and pioneer acquisition of Look and feel systems.
– Consider your own Public Cloud Computing project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Why is Public Cloud Computing important for you now?
– Is Public Cloud Computing Required?
Memory coherence Critical Criteria:
Think about Memory coherence projects and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Memory coherence results.
Cloud API Critical Criteria:
Derive from Cloud API governance and oversee Cloud API management by competencies.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Public Cloud Computing processes?
– Do Public Cloud Computing rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– How do we Lead with Public Cloud Computing in Mind?
Research and Development Critical Criteria:
Consult on Research and Development projects and budget for Research and Development challenges.
– A dramatic step toward becoming a learning organization is to appoint a chief training officer (CTO) or a chief learning officer (CLO). Many organizations claim to value Human Resources, but how many have a Human Resources representative involved in discussions about research and development commercialization, new product development, the strategic vision of the company, or increasing shareholder value?
– A vital question in new product management is: how should the business most effectively invest its research and development (r&d) and new product resources?
– How will you know that the Public Cloud Computing project has been successful?
– Does Public Cloud Computing appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Desktop computers Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Desktop computers outcomes and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Public Cloud Computing activities?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Public Cloud Computing?
Non-uniform memory access Critical Criteria:
Infer Non-uniform memory access governance and look for lots of ideas.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Public Cloud Computing process?
– What are all of our Public Cloud Computing domains and what do they do?
Disk image Critical Criteria:
Trace Disk image planning and figure out ways to motivate other Disk image users.
– How important is Public Cloud Computing to the user organizations mission?
– Have all basic functions of Public Cloud Computing been defined?
IBM cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Reason over IBM cloud computing management and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What is Effective Public Cloud Computing?
Shared memory Critical Criteria:
Test Shared memory governance and define what do we need to start doing with Shared memory.
– Does our organization need more Public Cloud Computing education?
– What are the business goals Public Cloud Computing is aiming to achieve?
– How to deal with Public Cloud Computing Changes?
Dataflow architecture Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Dataflow architecture adoptions and maintain Dataflow architecture for success.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Public Cloud Computing leader?
Instruction window Critical Criteria:
Recall Instruction window management and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Instruction window.
– What are the disruptive Public Cloud Computing technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
Code on demand Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Code on demand failures and summarize a clear Code on demand focus.
– How do we Identify specific Public Cloud Computing investment and emerging trends?
Virtual private cloud Critical Criteria:
See the value of Virtual private cloud decisions and look at it backwards.
– Will Public Cloud Computing have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Are accountability and ownership for Public Cloud Computing clearly defined?
Cloud management Critical Criteria:
Grade Cloud management governance and be persistent.
– How can you verify that the virtualization platform or cloud management software running on the systems you use, which you did not install and do not control, does not contain malware?
– Cloud management for Public Cloud Computing do we really need one?
– Is Supporting Public Cloud Computing documentation required?
Stream processing Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Stream processing outcomes and finalize the present value of growth of Stream processing.
– Is Public Cloud Computing Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– How would one define Public Cloud Computing leadership?
Distributed computing Critical Criteria:
Grade Distributed computing engagements and balance specific methods for improving Distributed computing results.
Service provider Critical Criteria:
Study Service provider failures and catalog Service provider activities.
– Which type of expense is most likely to increase as an organization increases the consumption of cloud resources from a service provider?
– In the next 12 months will you accept, store, process, or exchange credit/debit card transaction information?
– Do you have policies/procedures in place for handling employees that are terminated or leave voluntarily?
– Are we protecting our data properly at rest if an attacker compromises our applications or systems?
– In the past 12 months, have you had layoffs or do you anticipate layoffs in the coming 12 months?
– Approximately how many credit/debit card account numbers do you have stored companywide?
– In the managed security scenario, is there a periodic reporting procedure?
– What is the range of the limitation of liability in contracts?
– Do you have any data sharing agreements with any 3rd parties?
– Does your company have an information security officer?
– Do you have any DR/business continuity plans in place?
– Do you require sub-contractors to carry E&O insurance?
– Where do I send suggestions for waiver amendments?
– Do you have a dedicated security officer/manager?
– How can demand and supply meet?
– Security Considerations -What?
– What are good cloud service providers?
Operating system–level virtualization Critical Criteria:
Discuss Operating system–level virtualization planning and look for lots of ideas.
Virtual Machine Manager Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Virtual Machine Manager quality and define Virtual Machine Manager competency-based leadership.
– In the case of a Public Cloud Computing project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Public Cloud Computing project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Public Cloud Computing project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
Race condition Critical Criteria:
Discourse Race condition visions and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Race condition projects.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Public Cloud Computing in a volatile global economy?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Public Cloud Computing?
Cloud Foundry Critical Criteria:
Talk about Cloud Foundry engagements and find the essential reading for Cloud Foundry researchers.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Public Cloud Computing project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Public Cloud Computing Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Public Cloud Computing External links:
Public Cloud Computing Providers | CenturyLink
Computer security External links:
GateKeeper – Computer Security Lock | Security for Laptops
Computer Security | Consumer Information
Best Computer Security | Security Software Companies| …
Unified Parallel C External links:
[PDF]Lecture 10: Unified Parallel C – Cornell University
Blue Waters User Portal | Unified Parallel C (UPC)
Pay as you go External links:
Pay monthly, Pay as you go & Sim only deals | Tesco Mobile
Pay as you go holiday pay – FindLaw New Zealand
Pay as you go mobiles | Carphone Warehouse
Loop-level parallelism External links:
[PDF]Using Loop-Level Parallelism to Parallelize …
Analysis of parallel algorithms External links:
[PDF]Analysis of Parallel Algorithms
Cloud engineering External links:
Cloud Engineering Services
Da House of Multi-Cloud Engineering – Home | Facebook
SkyCiv Cloud Engineering Software
Object storage External links:
Object Storage | Evaluator Group
Speculative multithreading External links:
[PDF]Speculative Multithreading Does not (Necessarily) …
Public utility External links:
Jobs at Snohomish County Public Utility District
[PDF]TITLE PART PUBLIC UTILITY COMMISSION OF TEXAS
Comparison of structured storage software External links:
Comparison of structured storage software – WOW.com
Quality control External links:
Quality Control Products | Call (504) 392-9464
Part D: Ensuring Quality Control (QC) – fanniemae.com
Ardent Services, Inc. | Quality Control Evaluation Services
Rackspace Cloud External links:
Rackspace Cloud Files API 1.0 – Rackspace Developer Portal
Big Data on the Rackspace Cloud – Rackspace Hosting
Personal cloud External links:
4tb Personal Cloud – Amazon.com
http://Ad · Amazon.com/computers
Personal Cloud – FREE download Personal Cloud
Ziff Davis External links:
System Dashboard – Ziff Davis – JIRA
Ziff Davis – Official Site
Ziff Davis Enterprise | Companies | Insight Venture Partners
Dew computing External links:
What Is Dew Computing? – Quora
Message Passing Interface External links:
Using Microsoft Message Passing Interface
Message Passing Interface (MPI) | HPC | USC
[PDF]Message Passing Interface Tutorial (Introduction …
Web user interface External links:
Web User Interface Framework – msdn.microsoft.com
Login | Snowflake Web User Interface
Startup company External links:
World’s Largest Startup Company Platform | Startups.co
Startup Company Name Generator – namemesh.com
mu Space Corp, Thailand-based satellite startup company.
Computer network External links:
What is a Computer Network? Webopedia Definition
15-1152.00 – Computer Network Support Specialists
Computer Networks – Journal – Elsevier
Distributed memory External links:
Distributed Memory – emergent – grey.colorado.edu
Distributed Memory. (Book, 1985) [WorldCat.org]
What is distributed memory – Psychology Answers
Information technology External links:
Box @ IU | University Information Technology Services
IUanyWare | University Information Technology Services
Umail | University Information Technology Services
Carrier cloud External links:
The VT Carrier Cloud = VeriTread = The Heavy-Haul …
Computing platform External links:
Nebula Cloud Computing Platform | NASA
MCP50 | Mobile Computing Platform | USA Fleet Solutions
In-Memory Computing Platform | GigaSpaces
Infrastructure as a service External links:
What is IaaS? Infrastructure as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Best Large Scale Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) | ANEXIO
Cloud Computing and Data Center Infrastructure as a Service
Look and feel External links:
java – Windows look and feel for JFileChooser – Stack Overflow
Look and Feel | Custom Search | Google Developers
Cloud API External links:
Smart Home Cloud API | SAMSUNG Developers
PhantomJS Cloud API Service – It just works!
The Apigee Cross-Cloud API Platform – YouTube
Research and Development External links:
Research And Development – R&D – Investopedia
Research And Development Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
Desktop computers External links:
Desktop computers meet the faster, private Firefox
Desktop Computers: Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo, MSI & More | HSN
HP Desktop Computers: Shop for HP Desktops | HSN
Non-uniform memory access External links:
[PDF]Non-uniform memory access (NUMA) – cc.gatech.edu
Non-uniform memory access – YouTube
Non-Uniform Memory Access (NUMA): Overview – Petri
Disk image External links:
Walkthrough: Service a Virtual Hard Disk Image Offline
Linux Virtual Disk Image Downloads | Linux Training …
Disk Image Backup Knowledgebase – IDrive®
Shared memory External links:
ORA-04031: unable to allocate bytes of shared memory tips
Dataflow architecture External links:
[PDF]Dataflow Architecture – cse.yeditepe.edu.tr
Code on demand External links:
[PDF]Access Code On Demand – Hart InterCivic
Virtual private cloud External links:
Virtual Private Cloud Services | Hostway
Private Cloud Hosting Services – Virtual Private Cloud
Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) | Google Cloud Platform
Cloud management External links:
Cloud Management Suite – IT Patch Management and …
BetterClouds: Multi-Cloud Management, Simplified
Cloud Management & Optimization | CloudHealth Technologies
Stream processing External links:
CiteSeerX — Stream Processing I: A Survey
Stream processing powered by Apache Flink® – data Artisans
Distributed computing External links:
Gridcoin – Rewarding Scientific Distributed Computing
Title Distributed Computing Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Distributed Computing – Springer
Service provider External links:
Cable TV, Internet and Phone Service Provider | MetroNet
Sonic – Internet & Phone Service Provider
payUSAtax™ – IRS Authorized Tax Payment Service Provider…
Virtual Machine Manager External links:
Overview of System Center 2012 – Virtual Machine Manager
Virtual Machine Manager – technet.microsoft.com
Virtual Machine Manager Download
Race condition External links:
Race condition – Everything2.com
Race Condition Red – Everything2.com
Race Condition in the code. [#43511] | Drupal.org
Cloud Foundry External links:
About Cloud Foundry | Open Source Cloud Application …
Cloud Foundry – Official Site
Managed Pivotal Cloud Foundry | Rackspace