What is involved in Mobile device management
Find out what the related areas are that Mobile device management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Mobile device management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Enterprise Mobile Device Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Enterprise Mobile Device Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Mobile device management related domains to cover and 91 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Mobile device management, BlackBerry Enterprise Server, Bring Your Own Device, Cloud computing, Device Management Forum, Enterprise mobility management, Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002, Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program, Flooding the market, International mobile subscriber identity, Kiosk software, Mobile application management, Mobile content management, Mobile content management system, Mobile device, Mobile phone, Mobile security, Network security, Open Mobile Alliance, Open standard, Over-the-air programming, Point of sale, Rugged computer, Smart message, Software as a service, Subscriber identity module, Tablet computer, The SyncML Initiative, Windows Update:
Mobile device management Critical Criteria:
Own Mobile device management planning and catalog what business benefits will Mobile device management goals deliver if achieved.
– How will you know that the Mobile device management project has been successful?
– What are the business goals Mobile device management is aiming to achieve?
– Is a Mobile device management Team Work effort in place?
BlackBerry Enterprise Server Critical Criteria:
Confer over BlackBerry Enterprise Server quality and balance specific methods for improving BlackBerry Enterprise Server results.
– For your Mobile device management project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Are accountability and ownership for Mobile device management clearly defined?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Mobile device management Management?
Bring Your Own Device Critical Criteria:
Focus on Bring Your Own Device tactics and figure out ways to motivate other Bring Your Own Device users.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Mobile device management project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– In a project to restructure Mobile device management outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Mobile device management processes?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Adapt Cloud computing planning and look at it backwards.
– It is clear that the CSP will face a large number of requests from its customers to prove that the CSP is secure and reliable. There a number of audit and compliance considerations for both the CSP and the customer to consider in cloud computing. First, which compliance framework should a CSP adopt to satisfy its customers and manage its own risks?
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– What are the existing or planned mechanisms to assess the interoperability of different vendor implementations?
– Are the risks associated with cloud computing actually higher than the risks enterprises are facing today?
– What are the key business and technical challenges of transitioning to a cloud computing strategy?
– What is the name of the organization helping to foster security standards for cloud computing?
– What is the future scope for combination of Business Intelligence and Cloud Computing?
– Is there any application left that does not talk to at least one of its fellows?
– How will cloud computing affect traditional recovery services?
– Will cloud computing lead to a reduction in IT expenditure?
– What are some standards emerging around cloud computing?
– What is the impact of hybrid cloud computing on i&o?
– Is the market ready yet for P2P cloud computing?
– How is cloud computing related to web analytics?
– What are reasons to say no to cloud computing?
– How do you prepare your data center for Cloud?
– Is Cloud computing dangerous for our data?
– How energy efficient is cloud computing?
– Fedramp approved / compliant?
– Fedramp approved/compliant?
Device Management Forum Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Device Management Forum engagements and probe the present value of growth of Device Management Forum.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Mobile device management workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Will Mobile device management deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Enterprise mobility management Critical Criteria:
Consult on Enterprise mobility management decisions and separate what are the business goals Enterprise mobility management is aiming to achieve.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Mobile device management? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Mobile device management experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Are we Assessing Mobile device management and Risk?
Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 Critical Criteria:
Chart Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 tactics and get answers.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Mobile device management project manager?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Mobile device management opportunities costing us money?
– What are specific Mobile device management Rules to follow?
Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program Critical Criteria:
Recall Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program risks and get going.
– Can we add value to the current Mobile device management decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Mobile device management study?
Flooding the market Critical Criteria:
Learn from Flooding the market results and explain and analyze the challenges of Flooding the market.
– What threat is Mobile device management addressing?
International mobile subscriber identity Critical Criteria:
Adapt International mobile subscriber identity tasks and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive International mobile subscriber identity decisions.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Mobile device management leaders?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Mobile device management project?
Kiosk software Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Kiosk software visions and correct Kiosk software management by competencies.
– How do we know that any Mobile device management analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Mobile device management?
– Are assumptions made in Mobile device management stated explicitly?
Mobile application management Critical Criteria:
Probe Mobile application management outcomes and find out what it really means.
– Is there any existing Mobile device management governance structure?
Mobile content management Critical Criteria:
Study Mobile content management management and look in other fields.
– How is the value delivered by Mobile device management being measured?
– How can skill-level changes improve Mobile device management?
Mobile content management system Critical Criteria:
Look at Mobile content management system outcomes and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Mobile content management system.
– In the case of a Mobile device management project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Mobile device management project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Mobile device management project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Is Mobile device management Required?
Mobile device Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Mobile device adoptions and research ways can we become the Mobile device company that would put us out of business.
– Imagine you work in the Human Resources department of a company considering a policy to protect its data on employees mobile devices. in advising on this policy, what rights should be considered?
– If mobile technologies are supported, how is the software optimized for use on smartphone, tables, and other mobile devices?
– Does the tool we use provide the ability for mobile devices to access critical portions of the management interface?
– Can your bi solution quickly locate dashboard on your mobile device?
– Will your product work from a mobile device?
– Why are Mobile device management skills important?
Mobile phone Critical Criteria:
Look at Mobile phone leadership and find the essential reading for Mobile phone researchers.
– How will you measure your Mobile device management effectiveness?
– What will drive Mobile device management change?
Mobile security Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Mobile security failures and adopt an insight outlook.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Mobile device management, including any consulting or professional services?
– Does Mobile device management analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Network security Critical Criteria:
Understand Network security tactics and interpret which customers can’t participate in Network security because they lack skills.
– Do we Make sure to ask about our vendors customer satisfaction rating and references in our particular industry. If the vendor does not know its own rating, it may be a red flag that youre dealing with a company that does not put Customer Service at the forefront. How would a company know what to improve if it had no idea what areas customers felt were lacking?
– Are the disaster recovery plan (DRP) and the business contingency plan (BCP) tested annually?
– What vendors make products that address the Mobile device management needs?
Open Mobile Alliance Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Open Mobile Alliance results and reduce Open Mobile Alliance costs.
– How do we Lead with Mobile device management in Mind?
Open standard Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Open standard governance and oversee Open standard management by competencies.
– Does Mobile device management create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Is maximizing Mobile device management protection the same as minimizing Mobile device management loss?
– Is the scope of Mobile device management defined?
Over-the-air programming Critical Criteria:
Talk about Over-the-air programming tactics and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Over-the-air programming information.
– Think about the people you identified for your Mobile device management project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Mobile device management processes?
– How do we maintain Mobile device managements Integrity?
Point of sale Critical Criteria:
Investigate Point of sale tasks and research ways can we become the Point of sale company that would put us out of business.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Mobile device management models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What are the usability implications of Mobile device management actions?
Rugged computer Critical Criteria:
Rank Rugged computer quality and finalize specific methods for Rugged computer acceptance.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Mobile device management processes of our organization?
Smart message Critical Criteria:
Think about Smart message management and probe the present value of growth of Smart message.
– Will Mobile device management have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Does Mobile device management appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Deduce Software as a service tactics and track iterative Software as a service results.
– How can you negotiate Mobile device management successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
Subscriber identity module Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Subscriber identity module failures and look at the big picture.
– When a Mobile device management manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What is the purpose of Mobile device management in relation to the mission?
– How do we keep improving Mobile device management?
Tablet computer Critical Criteria:
Map Tablet computer governance and correct Tablet computer management by competencies.
– What are the disruptive Mobile device management technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How much does Mobile device management help?
The SyncML Initiative Critical Criteria:
Examine The SyncML Initiative tasks and finalize the present value of growth of The SyncML Initiative.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Mobile device management does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
Windows Update Critical Criteria:
Unify Windows Update engagements and look for lots of ideas.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Mobile device management with what users do day-to-day?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Mobile device management that make it risky?
– Is Mobile device management dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Enterprise Mobile Device Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Mobile device management External links:
Mobile Device Management – for iOS, Android, Windows
http://Ad · www.manageengine.com/MDM/EMM
MobiLock Pro: Android Mobile Device Management, …
Mobile Device Management – for iOS, Android, Windows
http://Ad · www.manageengine.com/MDM/EMM
BlackBerry Enterprise Server External links:
BlackBerry Enterprise Server
[PDF]Blackberry Activation on Blackberry Enterprise Server
Bring Your Own Device External links:
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) to Work – ScienceDirect
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) setup guide | T-Mobile Support
Bring Your Own Device Program | Kindred Healthcare
Cloud computing External links:
ClearDATA – Secure, HIPAA Compliant Cloud Computing
LayerStack – Comprehensive suite of cloud computing …
REAN Cloud – Managed Services | Cloud Computing | …
Device Management Forum External links:
News Archives – Device Management Forum
Mobile Device Management Forum – 10times
Mobile Device Management Forum – 10times
Enterprise mobility management External links:
Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) – Citrix
Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM)
IoT Connectivity and Enterprise Mobility Management – Asavie
Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program External links:
Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP)
Flooding the market External links:
Sleep tech is flooding the market. Here’s how it works
International mobile subscriber identity External links:
International mobile subscriber identity
http://The International Mobile Subscriber Identity or IMSI /ˈɪmziː/ is used to identify the user of a cellular network and is a unique identification associated with all cellular networks. It is stored as a 64 bit field and is sent by the phone to the network.
Kiosk software External links:
Kiosk Software for Windows – KioskSimple Kiosk Software
Kiosk Software | Dentrix
Kiosk Software – Mzero Software by Meridian
Mobile application management External links:
Mobile Application Management (MAM®) Platform | …
Mobile Application Management | AirWatch
Mobile content management External links:
Mobile Content Management – MCM Software | MobileIron
Mobile Content Management | MobiLock MCM
Mobile Content Management | OnBase Core Platform …
Mobile content management system External links:
Smartfolio – Mobile Content Management System
Mobile device External links:
Mobile Tracker – a mobile device IP address tracking
iFixOmaha | Mobile Device Hardware Repair for Omaha NE
Duke Health Mobile Device Manager
Mobile phone External links:
File a Phone Insurance Claim for Your T-Mobile Phone
Mobile Banking | Mobile Phone Banking | U.S. Bank
Mobile security External links:
ADP Mobile Security
Mobile security for Today’s Enterprise – Equiis
Find Your Lost or Stolen Android Device | AVG Mobile Security
Network security External links:
NIKSUN – Network Security and Performance
Institute for Applied Network Security – Official Site
Open Mobile Alliance External links:
Open Mobile Alliance – Home | Facebook
Open standard External links:
POOL360 – 1.5″ (1.5″ PIPE) OPEN STANDARD PLUG
Over-the-air programming External links:
Over-the-Air Programming | International® Trucks
Point of sale External links:
Paladin Point of Sale Homepage – Paladin Point of Sale
Point Of Sale – Mizuno USA
ParTech – POS Systems | Restaurant Point of Sale Solutions
Rugged computer External links:
Rugged Computer Systems – Germane Systems
Smart message External links:
Software as a service External links:
What is Software as a Service (SaaS) – Salesforce.com
Enterprise Gamification Software as a Service Platform
FinTech Software as a Service for AP, AR & HR | DataServ
Subscriber identity module External links:
Subscriber Identity Module – Home | Facebook
Tablet computer External links:
Samsung Galaxy Book: Windows Tablet Computer | …
The SyncML Initiative External links:
Charles Njonjo | The SyncML Initiative Ltd | ZoomInfo.com
Cover Pages: The SyncML Initiative
The SyncML Initiative – Sensagent.com
http://dictionary.sensagent.com/the syncml initiative/en-en
Windows Update External links:
Fix Windows Update errors – support.microsoft.com
BatchPatch – Windows Update & WSUS Patch …
Windows Update: FAQ – Windows Help