Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Support function Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Support function related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Support function specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Support function Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals…
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Support function improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the standard requirements:
- Has a designated crisis management center been identified, and does it have necessary life support functions, including uninterruptible power supply and communications equipment?
- Does the policy sets testing expectations for entity-wide continuity functions, business lines, support functions, and crisis management?
- What role will support functions play in the business and with how much power and influence?
- Is IT perceived to be a critical enabler of business goals as opposed to a support function?
- What sources do you use to gather information for a Support function study?
- Do Support function rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
- What is the service support function within the SOA Infrastructure?
- Is there a critical path to deliver Support function results?
- What are Emergency Support Functions (ESFs)?
- Are there documented procedures?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Support function book in PDF containing requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in…
Your Support function self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Support function Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Support function areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Support function Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Support function projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Support function Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 Support function project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Project or Phase Close-Out: What are the informational communication needs for each stakeholder?
- Human Resource Management Plan: Is the Steering Committee active in Support function project oversight?
- Procurement Management Plan: Have adequate resources been provided by management to ensure Support function project success?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: Have stakeholder accountabilities & responsibilities been clearly defined?
- Team Performance Assessment: To what degree does the teams work approach provide opportunity for members to engage in open interaction?
- Project Portfolio management: Do you have a risk-based approach to portfolio management?
- Schedule Management Plan: Are the constraints or deadlines associated with the task accurate?
- Probability and Impact Matrix: Do the people have the right combinations of skills?
- Human Resource Management Plan: Is the assigned Support function project manager a PMP (Certified Support function project manager) and experienced?
- Stakeholder Analysis Matrix: Does the stakeholder want to be involved or merely need to be informed about the Support function project and its process?
Step-by-step and complete Support function Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Support function project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Support function project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Support function project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Support function project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Support function project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Support function project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Support function project with this in-depth Support function Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Support function projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Support function and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, ‘What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?’
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that – whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc… – they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Support function investments work better.
This Support function All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person:
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.