What is involved in Transportation Spend Management
Find out what the related areas are that Transportation Spend Management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Transportation Spend Management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Transportation Spend Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Transportation Spend Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Transportation Spend Management related domains to cover and 52 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Transportation Spend Management, Advanced Traffic Management System, Active traffic management, California Department of Transportation, Dynamic message sign, Highway advisory radio, IBM Administrative Terminal System, ITS America, Intelligent Transportation System, Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act, National ITS Architecture, Ramp meter, Road Weather Information System, SAFETEA-LU, Speed limit, Traffic camera, Traffic optimization, Transportation Management Center, Urban Traffic Management and Control, Variable-message sign, Vehicle Detector Station:
Transportation Spend Management Critical Criteria:
Look at Transportation Spend Management decisions and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Transportation Spend Management leaders?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Transportation Spend Management Management?
– How can we improve Transportation Spend Management?
Advanced Traffic Management System Critical Criteria:
Refer to Advanced Traffic Management System results and get the big picture.
– How important is Transportation Spend Management to the user organizations mission?
– What are internal and external Transportation Spend Management relations?
– Are there recognized Transportation Spend Management problems?
Active traffic management Critical Criteria:
Test Active traffic management decisions and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Transportation Spend Management goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Transportation Spend Management been identified and analyzed?
California Department of Transportation Critical Criteria:
Check California Department of Transportation visions and document what potential California Department of Transportation megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What are the disruptive Transportation Spend Management technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Why is Transportation Spend Management important for you now?
– What is Effective Transportation Spend Management?
Dynamic message sign Critical Criteria:
Sort Dynamic message sign issues and arbitrate Dynamic message sign techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Transportation Spend Management project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Transportation Spend Management?
– Is there any existing Transportation Spend Management governance structure?
Highway advisory radio Critical Criteria:
Canvass Highway advisory radio risks and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Think about the people you identified for your Transportation Spend Management project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– To what extent does management recognize Transportation Spend Management as a tool to increase the results?
IBM Administrative Terminal System Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about IBM Administrative Terminal System outcomes and get answers.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Transportation Spend Management ?
– Does the Transportation Spend Management task fit the clients priorities?
– Do we all define Transportation Spend Management in the same way?
ITS America Critical Criteria:
Examine ITS America outcomes and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential ITS America information.
– Have all basic functions of Transportation Spend Management been defined?
– What are specific Transportation Spend Management Rules to follow?
– Are there Transportation Spend Management problems defined?
Intelligent Transportation System Critical Criteria:
Boost Intelligent Transportation System goals and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– How can you negotiate Transportation Spend Management successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act Critical Criteria:
Refer to Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act visions and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act.
– In a project to restructure Transportation Spend Management outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What vendors make products that address the Transportation Spend Management needs?
– Is the scope of Transportation Spend Management defined?
National ITS Architecture Critical Criteria:
Survey National ITS Architecture planning and plan concise National ITS Architecture education.
– Which Transportation Spend Management goals are the most important?
Ramp meter Critical Criteria:
Read up on Ramp meter goals and change contexts.
– Which customers cant participate in our Transportation Spend Management domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Transportation Spend Management does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Is the Transportation Spend Management organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Road Weather Information System Critical Criteria:
Depict Road Weather Information System governance and mentor Road Weather Information System customer orientation.
– Does Transportation Spend Management create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Transportation Spend Management that make it risky?
SAFETEA-LU Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to SAFETEA-LU decisions and handle a jump-start course to SAFETEA-LU.
– How likely is the current Transportation Spend Management plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– How is the value delivered by Transportation Spend Management being measured?
Speed limit Critical Criteria:
Confer re Speed limit risks and get going.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Transportation Spend Management experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What about Transportation Spend Management Analysis of results?
– What are our Transportation Spend Management Processes?
Traffic camera Critical Criteria:
Adapt Traffic camera projects and secure Traffic camera creativity.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Transportation Spend Management project?
– How to Secure Transportation Spend Management?
Traffic optimization Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Traffic optimization goals and plan concise Traffic optimization education.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Transportation Spend Management values?
– What are the barriers to increased Transportation Spend Management production?
Transportation Management Center Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Transportation Management Center strategies and oversee implementation of Transportation Management Center.
– Can we do Transportation Spend Management without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Are there Transportation Spend Management Models?
Urban Traffic Management and Control Critical Criteria:
Face Urban Traffic Management and Control leadership and track iterative Urban Traffic Management and Control results.
– what is the best design framework for Transportation Spend Management organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Transportation Spend Management processes?
– What are the short and long-term Transportation Spend Management goals?
Variable-message sign Critical Criteria:
Graph Variable-message sign results and grade techniques for implementing Variable-message sign controls.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Transportation Spend Management requirements in detail?
Vehicle Detector Station Critical Criteria:
Consult on Vehicle Detector Station strategies and check on ways to get started with Vehicle Detector Station.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Transportation Spend Management moving forward?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Transportation Spend Management processes?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Transportation Spend Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Transportation Spend Management External links:
Transportation Spend Management (TSM) Program
Total Transportation Spend Management From Veraction
Advanced Traffic Management System External links:
Advanced Traffic Management System || City of Fort Collins
Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS) – Miami-Dade
KITS Advanced Traffic Management System | Kimley-Horn
http://www.kimley-horn.com › Services › Software Solutions / Services
Active traffic management External links:
I-66 Active Traffic Management System
California Department of Transportation External links:
[PDF]California Department of Transportation
[PDF]CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
Dynamic message sign External links:
INFORMATION and ACTION: Dynamic Message Sign …
Dynamic Message Sign Information – Full List
[PDF]ITEM 683.93011108 – DYNAMIC MESSAGE SIGN …
Highway advisory radio External links:
Highway Advisory Radio – Interwest Safety Supply
Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) Systems from M.H. Corbin
ITS6000 Highway Advisory Radio Network
ITS America External links:
Event Calendar — ITS America
Demonstrations — ITS America Annual Meeting 2018
ITS America Annual Meeting 2018
Intelligent Transportation System External links:
Traffic: Intelligent Transportation System
Intelligent Transportation System Architecture and Standards
Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act External links:
[PDF]Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act of 1991
National ITS Architecture External links:
“NATIONAL ITS ARCHITECTURE–THE CONCEPT” by …
Intelligent Transportation Systems – National ITS Architecture
Intelligent Transportation Systems – National ITS Architecture
Ramp meter External links:
Ramp Meter Information & Traffic Counts – rtcsnv.com
Ramp Meter F.A.Q. – California Department of Transportation
SAFETEA-LU External links:
SAFETEA-LU | Metropolitan Transportation Commission
H.R.3 – 109th Congress (2005-2006): SAFETEA-LU
SAFETEA-LU – Safety | Federal Highway Administration
Speed limit External links:
The highest speed limits are generally 70-80 mph (110-130 km/h) in western states and 70-75 mph (113-121 km/h) in eastern states.
Traffic camera External links:
Streaming Triangle traffic camera video :: WRAL.com
Traffic Camera Video Log Request, Overview, Doing Business
Traffic optimization External links:
Traffic Optimization – Quora
Road traffic optimization system – Google Patents
Traffic Optimization | NetMotion
Transportation Management Center External links:
Hudson Valley Transportation Management Center
Transportation Management Center Pooled-Fund Study
Construction | Transportation Management Center …
Urban Traffic Management and Control External links:
[PDF]Cycling and Urban Traffic Management and Control …
[PDF]Development of Urban Traffic Management and Control …
Urban Traffic Management and Control – YouTube
Vehicle Detector Station External links:
VDS – Vehicle Detector Station | AcronymFinder
VDS abbreviation stands for Vehicle Detector Station