What is involved in Master Data Management MDM
Find out what the related areas are that Master Data Management MDM connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Master Data Management MDM thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Master Data Management MDM journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Master Data Management MDM leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Master Data Management MDM related domains to cover and 257 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Master Data Management MDM, Return on investment, Foreign key, Query plan, Data visualization, Customer satisfaction, Data vault modeling, Unique key, Reference data, File systems, Degenerate dimension, Business intelligence, Master Data Management MDM, Data Mining Extensions, Data steward, Operational data store, Comparison of relational database management systems, Anchor Modeling, Data analysis, Relational algebra, Slowly changing dimension, Online analytical processing, Master data, Extract, Transform, Load, Armstrong’s axioms, Referential integrity, Federated database system, Comparison of object database management systems, Data mart, Single customer view, Java Database Connectivity, Comparison of OLAP Servers, Concurrency control, Enterprise information integration, Surrogate key, Relational database management system, Object database, Data dictionary, Master data management, Data loading, Information management, Fact table, Document-oriented database, Data transformation, Transaction log, Distributed database, Relational model, CAP theorem, OLAP cube, Object-relational database, Database administrator, Data mining, Data deduplication, Data extraction, Data quality, Data warehouse automation, Semantic Web, Stored procedure, Customer data integration, Open Database Connectivity, Data governance:
Master Data Management MDM Critical Criteria:
Consult on Master Data Management MDM projects and gather practices for scaling Master Data Management MDM.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Master Data Management MDM project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Master Data Management MDM products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Return on investment Critical Criteria:
Scan Return on investment tactics and learn.
– How important are hard measurements that show return on investment compared to soft measurements that demonstrate customer satisfaction and public perception?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Master Data Management MDM, including any consulting or professional services?
– Does the expected return on investment (roi) of this new collection justify putting it in place?
– How will you measure your Master Data Management MDM effectiveness?
– How can skill-level changes improve Master Data Management MDM?
– Is Return on Investment addressed?
Foreign key Critical Criteria:
Talk about Foreign key governance and find answers.
– Is maximizing Master Data Management MDM protection the same as minimizing Master Data Management MDM loss?
– Which Master Data Management MDM goals are the most important?
– Why is Master Data Management MDM important for you now?
Query plan Critical Criteria:
Face Query plan planning and get out your magnifying glass.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Master Data Management MDM project?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Master Data Management MDM effort?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Master Data Management MDM?
Data visualization Critical Criteria:
Trace Data visualization goals and mentor Data visualization customer orientation.
– Does Master Data Management MDM analysis show the relationships among important Master Data Management MDM factors?
– What are the best places schools to study data visualization information design or information architecture?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Master Data Management MDM forward?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Master Data Management MDM study?
Customer satisfaction Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Customer satisfaction management and create Customer satisfaction explanations for all managers.
– Do we Make sure to ask about our vendors customer satisfaction rating and references in our particular industry. If the vendor does not know its own rating, it may be a red flag that youre dealing with a company that does not put Customer Service at the forefront. How would a company know what to improve if it had no idea what areas customers felt were lacking?
– What is the difference, if any, in customer satisfaction between the use and results of agile-driven software development methods and the use and results of plan-driven software development software development methods?
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Master Data Management MDM workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Performance Standard: What should be the standards for completeness, reliability, accuracy, timeliness, customer satisfaction, quality and/or cost?
– Has it re-engineered or redesigned processes, and leveraged technologies to improve responsiveness, Customer Service and customer satisfaction?
– How does the company manage the design and delivery of products and services that promise a high level of customer satisfaction?
– Is the Customer Satisfaction Process something which you think can be automated via an IVR?
– How does the firm measure and monitor client service and customer satisfaction?
– What employee characteristics drive customer satisfaction?
– What about Master Data Management MDM Analysis of results?
Data vault modeling Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Data vault modeling outcomes and finalize specific methods for Data vault modeling acceptance.
– Does Master Data Management MDM include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What are our Master Data Management MDM Processes?
Unique key Critical Criteria:
Test Unique key failures and change contexts.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Master Data Management MDM that make it risky?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Master Data Management MDM?
– Who needs to know about Master Data Management MDM ?
Reference data Critical Criteria:
Grade Reference data management and create Reference data explanations for all managers.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Master Data Management MDM objectives?
– Have all basic functions of Master Data Management MDM been defined?
– How to Secure Master Data Management MDM?
File systems Critical Criteria:
Participate in File systems results and correct File systems management by competencies.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Master Data Management MDM? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What are all of our Master Data Management MDM domains and what do they do?
Degenerate dimension Critical Criteria:
Participate in Degenerate dimension tasks and change contexts.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Master Data Management MDM leaders?
Business intelligence Critical Criteria:
Mix Business intelligence issues and revise understanding of Business intelligence architectures.
– Does the software let users work with the existing data infrastructure already in place, freeing your IT team from creating more cubes, universes, and standalone marts?
– What information can be provided in regards to a sites usage and business intelligence usage within the intranet environment?
– Does your bi software work well with both centralized and decentralized data architectures and vendors?
– What are the most common applications of business intelligence BI technology solutions?
– What is the future scope for combination of Business Intelligence and Cloud Computing?
– What are some best practices for gathering business intelligence about a competitor?
– Does your BI solution allow analytical insights to happen anywhere and everywhere?
– Was your software written by your organization or acquired from a third party?
– Who prioritizes, conducts and monitors business intelligence projects?
– What are the main full web business intelligence solutions?
– What are the pillar concepts of business intelligence?
– Can users easily create these thresholds and alerts?
– What would true business intelligence look like?
– What programs do we have to teach data mining?
– What are typical data-mining applications?
– What are typical reporting applications?
– Is your bi software easy to understand?
– What is your annual maintenance?
Master Data Management MDM Critical Criteria:
Canvass Master Data Management MDM decisions and revise understanding of Master Data Management MDM architectures.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Master Data Management MDM processes?
– Who will provide the final approval of Master Data Management MDM deliverables?
Data Mining Extensions Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Data Mining Extensions governance and stake your claim.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Master Data Management MDM goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Do we all define Master Data Management MDM in the same way?
Data steward Critical Criteria:
Detail Data steward visions and point out Data steward tensions in leadership.
– Have data stewards (e.g.,program managers) responsible for coordinating data governance activities been identified and assigned to each specific domain of activity?
– What are our needs in relation to Master Data Management MDM skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Other data stewards?
Operational data store Critical Criteria:
Mix Operational data store governance and test out new things.
– Can we do Master Data Management MDM without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What are the business goals Master Data Management MDM is aiming to achieve?
Comparison of relational database management systems Critical Criteria:
Check Comparison of relational database management systems failures and reduce Comparison of relational database management systems costs.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Master Data Management MDM project?
– What are the barriers to increased Master Data Management MDM production?
Anchor Modeling Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Anchor Modeling tasks and adjust implementation of Anchor Modeling.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Master Data Management MDM project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Master Data Management MDM project lifecycle?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Master Data Management MDM. How do we gain traction?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Master Data Management MDM is underway?
Data analysis Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Data analysis projects and oversee Data analysis requirements.
– What is the difference between Data Analytics Data Analysis Data Mining and Data Science?
– What are the short and long-term Master Data Management MDM goals?
– What are some real time data analysis frameworks?
Relational algebra Critical Criteria:
Read up on Relational algebra tactics and question.
– In what ways are Master Data Management MDM vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How do we know that any Master Data Management MDM analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What is Effective Master Data Management MDM?
Slowly changing dimension Critical Criteria:
Read up on Slowly changing dimension outcomes and assess what counts with Slowly changing dimension that we are not counting.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Master Data Management MDM project?
– Are accountability and ownership for Master Data Management MDM clearly defined?
Online analytical processing Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Online analytical processing goals and optimize Online analytical processing leadership as a key to advancement.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Master Data Management MDM delivery for example is new software needed?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Master Data Management MDM values?
Master data Critical Criteria:
Explore Master data tasks and forecast involvement of future Master data projects in development.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Master Data Management MDM in a volatile global economy?
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Master Data Management MDM strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– How important is Master Data Management MDM to the user organizations mission?
– What are some of the master data management architecture patterns?
– Why should we use or invest in a Master Data Management product?
– How do most enterprises manage hierarchical master data today?
– What is hierarchical master data?
– What Is Master Data Management?
– What is Master Data?
Extract, Transform, Load Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Extract, Transform, Load management and tour deciding if Extract, Transform, Load progress is made.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Master Data Management MDM been identified and analyzed?
– What is our Master Data Management MDM Strategy?
Armstrong’s axioms Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Armstrong’s axioms tasks and give examples utilizing a core of simple Armstrong’s axioms skills.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Master Data Management MDM?
– What are the usability implications of Master Data Management MDM actions?
– Are there Master Data Management MDM Models?
Referential integrity Critical Criteria:
Model after Referential integrity failures and shift your focus.
– To what extent does management recognize Master Data Management MDM as a tool to increase the results?
– What processes are in place to support data referential integrity and / or normalization?
– How can the value of Master Data Management MDM be defined?
Federated database system Critical Criteria:
Judge Federated database system engagements and test out new things.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Master Data Management MDM processes?
– What business benefits will Master Data Management MDM goals deliver if achieved?
– How would one define Master Data Management MDM leadership?
Comparison of object database management systems Critical Criteria:
Participate in Comparison of object database management systems tasks and get answers.
– Consider your own Master Data Management MDM project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Master Data Management MDM?
– What is the source of the strategies for Master Data Management MDM strengthening and reform?
Data mart Critical Criteria:
Jump start Data mart management and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Data mart.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Master Data Management MDM does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What is the purpose of data warehouses and data marts?
Single customer view Critical Criteria:
Focus on Single customer view tasks and finalize specific methods for Single customer view acceptance.
– How will you know that the Master Data Management MDM project has been successful?
– Do we have past Master Data Management MDM Successes?
Java Database Connectivity Critical Criteria:
Model after Java Database Connectivity goals and balance specific methods for improving Java Database Connectivity results.
– Do Master Data Management MDM rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Are there recognized Master Data Management MDM problems?
– How do we Lead with Master Data Management MDM in Mind?
Comparison of OLAP Servers Critical Criteria:
Nurse Comparison of OLAP Servers strategies and point out improvements in Comparison of OLAP Servers.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Master Data Management MDM process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Master Data Management MDM process available?
– Do those selected for the Master Data Management MDM team have a good general understanding of what Master Data Management MDM is all about?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Master Data Management MDM opportunities costing us money?
Concurrency control Critical Criteria:
Define Concurrency control leadership and catalog Concurrency control activities.
– In a project to restructure Master Data Management MDM outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Enterprise information integration Critical Criteria:
Explore Enterprise information integration adoptions and catalog Enterprise information integration activities.
– Do we monitor the Master Data Management MDM decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Does the Master Data Management MDM task fit the clients priorities?
– Is a Master Data Management MDM Team Work effort in place?
Surrogate key Critical Criteria:
Recall Surrogate key projects and remodel and develop an effective Surrogate key strategy.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Master Data Management MDM services/products?
– Does our organization need more Master Data Management MDM education?
Relational database management system Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Relational database management system planning and look at it backwards.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Master Data Management MDM information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– When a Master Data Management MDM manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Master Data Management MDM requirements in detail?
Object database Critical Criteria:
Coach on Object database decisions and integrate design thinking in Object database innovation.
– What will drive Master Data Management MDM change?
– Is Master Data Management MDM Required?
Data dictionary Critical Criteria:
Chart Data dictionary issues and separate what are the business goals Data dictionary is aiming to achieve.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Master Data Management MDM? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What types of information should be included in the data dictionary?
– Is there a data dictionary?
Master data management Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Master data management governance and devote time assessing Master data management and its risk.
– What is the purpose of Master Data Management MDM in relation to the mission?
Data loading Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Data loading tasks and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Data loading results.
– Think about the people you identified for your Master Data Management MDM project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
Information management Critical Criteria:
Merge Information management tasks and arbitrate Information management techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What are the key elements of your Master Data Management MDM performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What is the difference between Enterprise Information Management and Data Warehousing?
– How is Business Intelligence and Information Management related?
Fact table Critical Criteria:
Devise Fact table failures and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Fact table information.
– How do we go about Comparing Master Data Management MDM approaches/solutions?
– How can we improve Master Data Management MDM?
Document-oriented database Critical Criteria:
Scan Document-oriented database failures and reduce Document-oriented database costs.
– Does Master Data Management MDM appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– Is the scope of Master Data Management MDM defined?
Data transformation Critical Criteria:
Group Data transformation engagements and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Data transformation projects.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Master Data Management MDM strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Describe the process of data transformation required by your system?
– What is the process of data transformation required by your system?
Transaction log Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Transaction log governance and improve Transaction log service perception.
– Is the Master Data Management MDM organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Master Data Management MDM Management?
Distributed database Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Distributed database goals and oversee Distributed database management by competencies.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Master Data Management MDM processes?
– What systems are similar to or may have influenced Bitcoins eventually consistent distributed database?
Relational model Critical Criteria:
Derive from Relational model strategies and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Relational model services.
CAP theorem Critical Criteria:
Experiment with CAP theorem results and find the essential reading for CAP theorem researchers.
– For your Master Data Management MDM project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What are the long-term Master Data Management MDM goals?
OLAP cube Critical Criteria:
Derive from OLAP cube quality and look in other fields.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Master Data Management MDM process?
Object-relational database Critical Criteria:
Coach on Object-relational database governance and differentiate in coordinating Object-relational database.
– Will Master Data Management MDM have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Among the Master Data Management MDM product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Database administrator Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Database administrator risks and document what potential Database administrator megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Master Data Management MDM objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Data mining Critical Criteria:
Grade Data mining outcomes and define what do we need to start doing with Data mining.
– Do you see the need to clarify copyright aspects of the data-driven innovation (e.g. with respect to technologies such as text and data mining)?
– What types of transactional activities and data mining are being used and where do we see the greatest potential benefits?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Master Data Management MDM leader?
– What is the difference between business intelligence business analytics and data mining?
– Is business intelligence set to play a key role in the future of Human Resources?
Data deduplication Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Data deduplication adoptions and finalize the present value of growth of Data deduplication.
– Which data deduplication technique reduces storage capacity and network bandwidth requirements, but increases the overhead on the backup client?
– Which emc backup and recovery product provides source-based data deduplication?
– Which backup solution supports only source-based data deduplication?
– How much does Master Data Management MDM help?
Data extraction Critical Criteria:
Analyze Data extraction strategies and change contexts.
– What are internal and external Master Data Management MDM relations?
– How can data extraction from dashboards be automated?
Data quality Critical Criteria:
Group Data quality tactics and ask questions.
– Can we describe the data architecture and relationship between key variables. for example, are data stored in a spreadsheet with one row for each person/entity, a relational database, or some other format?
– How is source data collected (paper questionnaire, computer assisted person interview, computer assisted telephone interview, web data collection form)?
– What should I consider in selecting the most resource-effective data collection design that will satisfy all of my performance or acceptance criteria?
– Do the data collected, analyzed and reported have established mechanisms in place to reduce manipulation or simple errors in transcription?
– Integrity: is the structure of data and relationships among entities and attributes maintained consistently?
– At all levels at which data are aggregated, are procedures in place to reconcile discrepancies in reports?
– Do we double check that the data collected follows the plans and procedures for data collection?
– Are there clearly defined and followed procedures to periodically verify source data?
– Is data reported correctly (transcription, conversion, units of measurement, etc.)?
– Which items are subject to revision either by editing or updating data values?
– Accuracy: does the data accurately represent reality or a verifiable source?
– View before and after results : did the integration go the way you thought?
– Do we regularly review and update its Data Quality control procedures?
– Can you get full access to the data that you would like to use?
– Think through your sampling design what are you trying to show?
– Has management performed regular Data Quality assessments?
– What is the typical reimbursement for sharing your data?
– Has your tool delivered a positive roi?
– How to handle censored data?
– Are records complete?
Data warehouse automation Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Data warehouse automation planning and balance specific methods for improving Data warehouse automation results.
– what is the best design framework for Master Data Management MDM organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
Semantic Web Critical Criteria:
Trace Semantic Web governance and find out what it really means.
– Is there any existing Master Data Management MDM governance structure?
Stored procedure Critical Criteria:
Check Stored procedure governance and create Stored procedure explanations for all managers.
Customer data integration Critical Criteria:
Chart Customer data integration adoptions and transcribe Customer data integration as tomorrows backbone for success.
– How can you negotiate Master Data Management MDM successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
Open Database Connectivity Critical Criteria:
Grade Open Database Connectivity issues and create a map for yourself.
– How do we keep improving Master Data Management MDM?
Data governance Critical Criteria:
Define Data governance tactics and find the ideas you already have.
– Can you name any software product that has a tuning process (when one part changes or has new components added or a different vendor adds something to it, all parts are evaluated)?
– Consider receiving input from other organizations that have successfully launched data governance programs. what metrics did their executives want to see?
– For other types of programs, decision rights may require more negotiation. for example, who should decide the length of a data field in a new system?
– Who will be responsible, accountable, consulted and/or informed for decisions regarding these key enterprise data processes?
– Metrics generation opportunities can this field or table create useful metrics or appear on a dca dashboard?
– Is collecting this data element the most efficient way to influence practice, policy, or research?
– Does the organization have a current inventory of all computer equipment,software,and data files?
– Do you see the correlation to the centralized remote book file for the library?
– Have you heard people at your organization claim they have no governance?
– What is the current process for tuning this organization s data?
– Do you have specific team/s with corporate responsibility for?
– Who knows the nitty-gritty details about your systems?
– Which data is sensitive, and which can be shared?
– What can happen without data governance?
– How long are the agreements valid?
– Security. should it be encrypted?
– Physical data model available?
– What Is Data Governance ?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Master Data Management MDM Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Return on investment External links:
Return on Investment (ROI) Calculator
Return On Investment – ROI
Return on Investment (ROI) Calculator
Foreign key External links:
SQLite Foreign Key: Enforce Relationships Between Tables
How to Index Foreign Key Columns in SQL Server
SQL FOREIGN KEY Constraint – W3Schools
Query plan External links:
Reading a Postgres EXPLAIN ANALYZE Query Plan
Sql server query plan cache – YouTube
Data visualization External links:
Data Visualization: What it is and why matters | SAS
NCHS Data Visualization Gallery – Homepage
FEMA.gov Data Visualization Datasets | FEMA.gov
Customer satisfaction External links:
JCPenney Customer Satisfaction Survey – Welcome
Wawa Customer Satisfaction Survey – Welcome
Customer Satisfaction Surveys for Contractors | GuildQuality
Data vault modeling External links:
Data Vault Modeling Methodology Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Data Vault Modeling and Snowflake | Snowflake
Data Vault Modeling Approach & Methodology by DVA – YouTube
Reference data External links:
Fiscal Service Reference Data
Reference data : CIBSE guide C. (Book, 2007) [WorldCat.org]
What is reference data? – Definition from WhatIs.com
File systems External links:
What Is NTFS?: Local File Systems – technet.microsoft.com
Overview of FAT, HPFS, and NTFS File Systems
DFS Tools and Settings: Remote File Systems
Degenerate dimension External links:
What does Degenerate Dimension mean? – Business …
Data Warehousing: What is degenerate dimension? – …
Degenerate Dimension – YouTube
Business intelligence External links:
Business Intelligence Software – ERP & Project …
Business Intelligence Tools & Software | Square
EnsembleIQ | The premier business intelligence resource
Data Mining Extensions External links:
Data Mining Extensions (DMX) Reference | Microsoft Docs
DMX abbreviation stands for Data Mining Extensions
Data Mining Extensions (DMX) Reference
Data steward External links:
20 Best Title:(data Steward) jobs (Hiring Now!) | Simply Hired
Guidelines for Becoming a Data Steward | TDAN.com
Data Steward | CCAMLR
Operational data store External links:
Operational Data Store – ODS – Gartner Tech Definitions
Operational Data Store (ODS) Defined | James Serra’s Blog
Anchor Modeling External links:
Anchor Modeling – Home | Facebook
Publications – Anchor Modeling
Home | Anchor Modeling Academy
Data analysis External links:
Data Analysis – Illinois State Board of Education
[PDF]General Position Information PB034 – Data Analysis …
Equity in Athletics Data Analysis – US Department of …
Relational algebra External links:
[PDF]Relational Algebra and SQL
Relational Algebra – tutorialspoint.com
[PDF]3. Relational Model and Relational Algebra
Slowly changing dimension External links:
SSIS Slowly Changing Dimension Type 2 – Tutorial Gateway
Datastage training – Slowly Changing Dimension – Learn …
Premium Slowly Changing Dimension – KingswaySoft
Online analytical processing External links:
Working with Online Analytical Processing (OLAP)
Master data External links:
MDM Platform | Master Data Management Platform | Profisee
Our Master Data Products – D&B – Dun & Bradstreet
Home | KOIOS Master Data
Extract, Transform, Load External links:
[PDF]ETL Overview Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) • …
What is ETL (Extract, Transform, Load)? Webopedia …
Armstrong’s axioms External links:
Armstrong’s axioms – WOW.com
ArmStrong’s Axioms Flashcards | Quizlet
[PDF]Functional Dependencies Keys Armstrong’s Axioms
Referential integrity External links:
Cascading referential integrity constraint – Part 5 – YouTube
How Referential Integrity Ensures Database Consistency
Federated database system External links:
What is FEDERATED DATABASE SYSTEM? What does …
Federated database system – YouTube
Data mart External links:
Data Warehouse vs Data Mart | Datamartist.com
[PDF]Institutional Research Data Mart: Instructor Guide …
UNC Data Mart
Single customer view External links:
Single Customer View – Experian
Single Customer View – mParticle
Java Database Connectivity External links:
Using the Java Database Connectivity Driver – Oracle
Java Database Connectivity with MySQL – javatpoint
Java Database Connectivity with MySQL in NetBeans – YouTube
Comparison of OLAP Servers External links:
Comparison of OLAP Servers – topics.revolvy.com
https://topics.revolvy.com/topic/Comparison of OLAP Servers
Comparison Of OLAP Servers – theinfolist.com
Comparison of OLAP Servers – revolvy.com
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Comparison of OLAP Servers
Concurrency control External links:
DBMS Concurrency Control – tutorialspoint.com
Concurrency Control – Database Management
Types of Concurrency Control
Enterprise information integration External links:
Enterprise Information Integration – Semantic Arts
OSF Uses: Enterprise Information Integration
Surrogate key External links:
Surrogate key – How is Surrogate key abbreviated?
What is a Surrogate Key? – Definition from Techopedia
Relational database management system External links:
Relational Database Management System | MariaDB Products
Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) – Techopedia.com
What does Relational Database Management System …
Object database External links:
MESDA Object Database FAQ | Mesda
Actian NoSQL Object Database: Handle Complex Data …
Code upgrade checklist – Application object database …
Data dictionary External links:
NTDS 2018 Data Dictionary
Creating Metadata and a Data Dictionary | data.ca.gov
2017 Data Dictionary | IRIS
Master data management External links:
Best Master Data Management (MDM) Software – G2 Crowd
MDM Platform | Master Data Management Platform | Profisee
Data loading External links:
What is Data Loading? – Definition from Techopedia
Information management External links:
Association for Title Information Management – Problems …
Association for Title Information Management – Home | Facebook
Fact table External links:
Factless fact table | James Serra’s Blog
Fact table – Oracle FAQ
Multiple Fact Tables – Common Dimensions |Tableau …
Document-oriented database External links:
Why is MongoDB a document-oriented database? – Quora
Transaction log External links:
How to shrink the transaction log file in SQL Server 2005
Why My Transaction Log is Too Big and Growing …
Shrinking the Transaction Log – technet.microsoft.com
Distributed database External links:
Azure Cosmos DB – Globally Distributed Database …
What is distributed database? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Relational model External links:
Database Lesson #2 of 8 – The Relational Model – YouTube
Tool for creating relational model diagrams – Stack Overflow
What is a Relational Model? – Definition from Techopedia
CAP theorem External links:
Better explaining the CAP Theorem – DZone Big Data
CAP Theorem – YouTube
Spanner, TrueTime and the CAP Theorem
OLAP cube External links:
Data Warehouse vs. OLAP Cube? – Stack Overflow
How to Create OLAP Cube in Analysis Services: 9 Steps
Data Warehouse vs. OLAP Cube | Solver Blog
Object-relational database External links:
Object-Relational Database Management System (ORDBMS)
PostgreSQL – Advanced Object-relational Database …
Database administrator External links:
Database Administrator (DBA) Salary
Database Administrator – Career Rankings, Salary, …
Welcome to RICEWorks! | Database Administrator
Data mining External links:
Data Mining – Sharper Insight. Smarter Investing.
What is Data Mining in Healthcare?
What is data mining? | SAS
Data deduplication External links:
Microsoft Windows 2012 Server Data Deduplication – …
Data extraction External links:
NeXtraction – Intelligent Data Extraction
Data Extraction Specialist Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
TeamBeam – Meta-Data Extraction from Scientific Literature
Data quality External links:
Free Address Lookup Tool – Experian Data Quality
Environmental Data Quality Workgroup Home – DENIX
A3-4-02: Data Quality and Integrity (10/24/2016) – Fannie Mae
Data warehouse automation External links:
Data Warehouse Automation | Magnitude Software
WhereScape Data Warehouse Automation | Teknion Data Solutions
Data Warehouse Automation Tools | LeapFrogBI
Semantic Web External links:
What Is the Semantic Web? – Webopedia.com
What is Semantic Web? – Definition from Techopedia
The Semantic Web – An Overview – YouTube
Stored procedure External links:
HOW TO: Call a Parameterized Stored Procedure by Using …
Customer data integration External links:
Customer Data Integration | CDI | MuleSoft
Data Processing & Customer Data Integration (CDI) | Merkle
Experian | Customer Data Integration CDI
Open Database Connectivity External links:
[PDF]ODBC (Open Database Connectivity) for MS-Excel
How to use Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) to test …
Open Database Connectivity – YouTube
Data governance External links:
Data Governance Analyst Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
7 Best Practices for Data Governance in Healthcare
Data Governance – Do Job Titles Matter? – DATAVERSITY