What is involved in Service Transition
Find out what the related areas are that Service Transition connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Service Transition thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Service Transition journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Service Transition leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Service Transition related domains to cover and 405 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Corrective and preventive action, Access and Identity Management, Demand management, Tertiary support level, ISO/IEC 27001, Configuration management, Service portfolio management, Information Management, Business case, Point of contact, HM Treasury, Service Desk, Fishbone diagram, Software asset management, Access Management, Underpinning contract, Knowledge management, Project management, ITIL/service design package, Change management, Application Management, Program management, ISO/IEC 20000, Risk analysis, IT service management, Configuration management database, Capacity management, Business relationship management, IT Operations Management, Service level requirement, Business Process Framework, Financial management for IT services, Enterprise life cycle, Request Fulfilment, RACI matrix, IBM Tivoli Unified Process, RPR problem diagnosis, Computer security, Business Information Services Library, Incident Management, Information Technology Infrastructure Library, Service catalog, Information and Communication Technology, Business Service Management, Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency, Software metric, ISO/IEC 27002, Service level, Cabinet Office, Tudor IT Process Assessment, ITIL security management, Configuration management system, Functional Management, Economic efficiency, Change request, ICT infrastructure, Configuration item, Computer network, Business continuity planning, Call for bids, Agile software development, Enterprise architecture, Service-level agreement, Joint venture, Secondary support level, Six Sigma, Help desk, Information and communication technologies:
Corrective and preventive action Critical Criteria:
Mix Corrective and preventive action quality and overcome Corrective and preventive action skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Does Service Transition systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What is the purpose of Service Transition in relation to the mission?
– Are appropriate corrective and preventive actions taken?
Access and Identity Management Critical Criteria:
Study Access and Identity Management risks and learn.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Service Transition workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Service Transition that make it risky?
– Are there Service Transition problems defined?
Demand management Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Demand management leadership and assess and formulate effective operational and Demand management strategies.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Service Transition?
– Which are the key performance indicators for Customer Service?
– Is your organization considering or implementing the concept of DevOps?
– Which Service Transition goals are the most important?
– What are our Service Transition Processes?
Tertiary support level Critical Criteria:
Detail Tertiary support level goals and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Tertiary support level results.
– Does Service Transition create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Is there a Service Transition Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Will Service Transition deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
ISO/IEC 27001 Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap ISO/IEC 27001 goals and find out.
– Can we add value to the current Service Transition decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Among the Service Transition product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Service Transition project?
Configuration management Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Configuration management tasks and interpret which customers can’t participate in Configuration management because they lack skills.
– Monitoring tools for wired networks do not provide the full array of features necessary for monitoring wlans. true or false?
– Which of the itil processes is responsible for ensuring the organization is aware of new and changing technology?
– During release, do the configuration items used match with the latest version indicated in baseline record?
– What is the most effective strategy to coordinate versions of vendor code with versions of product code?
– Can we answer questions like: Are all requested changes to the cis assessed, processed and tracked?
– Have you established document retention times in accordance with DOE 1324.2A, Records Disposition?
– Is there a documented graded approach process to operational Configuration Management?
– Have the types of documents to be included in your CM Program been determined?
– How do you keep a rapidly evolving codeline stable enough to be useful?
– Have you identified programmatic interfaces within your CM Program?
– Which is the correct combination of concepts and itil processes?
– What information is required to process a change to a baseline?
– What: selection of configuration items (what should be managed?
– Is the appropriate version specified for each build component?
– What metrics should be used to assess changes to a baseline?
– How does cm get incorporated in the system life cycle?
– What are configuration items, baselines, etc. ?
– How will configuration items be identified?
– Are all related scis properly updated?
– Who makes changes?
Service portfolio management Critical Criteria:
Model after Service portfolio management leadership and revise understanding of Service portfolio management architectures.
– What are the key elements of your Service Transition performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Service Transition agendas for the next 3 years?
Information Management Critical Criteria:
Recall Information Management planning and change contexts.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Service Transition. How do we gain traction?
– In what ways are Service Transition vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Is maximizing Service Transition protection the same as minimizing Service Transition loss?
– What is the difference between Enterprise Information Management and Data Warehousing?
– How is Business Intelligence and Information Management related?
Business case Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Business case management and research ways can we become the Business case company that would put us out of business.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Service Transition strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Who is driving and leading the business case development for your organization?
– Is there a business case where additional cyber security risks are involved?
– What is the security -life cycle identity management business case?
– Have sensitivity of the business case been calculated?
– Right business case?
Point of contact Critical Criteria:
Discourse Point of contact governance and develop and take control of the Point of contact initiative.
– Does Service Transition include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– For your Service Transition project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
HM Treasury Critical Criteria:
Map HM Treasury tasks and track iterative HM Treasury results.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Service Transition delivery for example is new software needed?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Service Transition with what users do day-to-day?
– How can skill-level changes improve Service Transition?
Service Desk Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Service Desk leadership and work towards be a leading Service Desk expert.
– Will we be eligible for ISOIEC 20000 certification, even if our Service Desk, infrastructure management and applications management functions are located in different countries?
– To what extent does management recognize Service Transition as a tool to increase the results?
– Does the service provider have a service desk function based on itil principles?
– Is the cloud service providers service desk local, onshore or offshore?
– Does the service provider have a service desk function based on ITIL principles?
– How does mobility improve your organizations service desk effectiveness?
– Is the cloud service providers service desk local, onshore or offshore?
– How does mobility improve our organizations service desk effectiveness?
– Are You Running Your Service Desk or is Your Service Desk Running You?
– Which incidents should be logged by the service desk?
– Why a service desk?
Fishbone diagram Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Fishbone diagram tactics and remodel and develop an effective Fishbone diagram strategy.
– Are assumptions made in Service Transition stated explicitly?
– Does Service Transition appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Software asset management Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Software asset management projects and summarize a clear Software asset management focus.
– Consider your own Service Transition project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Does Service Transition analysis show the relationships among important Service Transition factors?
– How much does Service Transition help?
Access Management Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Access Management failures and document what potential Access Management megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Are we able to answer the question: given the answer to the authentication question, and any other information available about the entity, what functions and data items should be made available for this entitys use?
– Are there appropriate controls in place to prevent people from adding access to systems and applications outside the approved process?
– Can your saas application provisioning system integrate with existing on-premise Identity and Access Management systems?
– Will your IAM system handle the increased number of relationships between users, devices, services and policies?
– Are appropriate measures in place to deter, prevent, and detect attempts at evading iam processes?
– Maintain the integrity of audit logs through self-protection and limited auditor access?
– Which users require access to which assets, to what extent, and in what circumstances?
– How are password policies established, and are they sufficient for the organization?
– Restrict users to perform sensitive operations only through approved applications?
– Support reverse synchronization of entitlements changes made at endpoint systems?
– Provide the ability to synchronize active directory with cloud-based endpoints?
– What aggregated single sign on sso identity provider do we use and why?
– How is access granted, monitored, and removed within the environment?
– Security or regulatory exposure due to inappropriate entitlements?
– Number of different forms used to request new / changed access?
– How is information logged, collected, and reviewed?
– Does the account need to exist and be active?
– Who can provide identity proofing?
– How are reconciliations handled?
Underpinning contract Critical Criteria:
Define Underpinning contract results and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Underpinning contract is getting what it needs.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Service Transition processes?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Service Transition process?
– Do we all define Service Transition in the same way?
Knowledge management Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Knowledge management planning and adopt an insight outlook.
– Learning Systems Analysis: once one has a good grasp of the current state of the organization, there is still an important question that needs to be asked: what is the organizations potential for developing and changing – in the near future and in the longer term?
– What are the best practices in knowledge management for IT Service management ITSM?
– What best practices in knowledge management for Service management do we use?
– How do we manage Service Transition Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Who will provide the final approval of Service Transition deliverables?
– How do we go about Comparing Service Transition approaches/solutions?
– When is Knowledge Management Measured?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Jump start Project management risks and learn.
– Does it replace or negate traditional project management concerns with risk, scheduling, metrics, and execution, or does it shift how we think about these and necessitate new techniques and approaches?
– How can a company arrange a new project if the management does not know when they will finish the current projects and when the employees will be free to take on a new project?
– What are the key considerations and decisions that must be made to ensure your project management office is appropriate for your organization?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– Are there metrics and standards that can be used for control of agile project progress during execution?
– A heuristic, a decision support system, or new practices to improve current project management?
– How could a new product or service be developed in this century without Agile Project Management?
– How are agile principles being applied in large projects and multi-site projects?
– So, how do we adapt project management techniques to deal with this key reality?
– How difficult is agile project management for outsourced or off-shored projects?
– Can agile project management be adopted by industries other than software development?
– Is there any existing Service Transition governance structure?
– How can Trello be used as an Agile project management tool?
– Are there separate sub-systems that have to communicate?
– What work wouldnt get done if no more funds were added?
– What is Turnkey Operation in Project Management?
– How much project management is needed?
– Velocity -how fast are we going?
– Who is a customer?
ITIL/service design package Critical Criteria:
Systematize ITIL/service design package governance and define what do we need to start doing with ITIL/service design package.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Service Transition processes of our organization?
– How can you measure Service Transition in a systematic way?
Change management Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Change management management and look for lots of ideas.
– The objective of Change Management is to ensure that standard methods and procedures are used, such that changes can be dealt with quickly, with the lowest possible impact on service quality. all changes should be traceable, in other words, one can answer the question, what changed? Do we do this?
– In terms of change focus, leaders will examine the success of past strategic initiatives and the concrete Change Management that accompanied them. is the overall strategy sound?
– What are the most important benefits of effective organizational change management?
– Does the service providers Change Management process match the customers needs?
– How effective is your organization with organizational change management?
– In what scenarios should change management systems be introduced?
– What has been your most Challenging change management experience?
– Are Organizational Change managements best practices (eg Kotter) applied?
– What are the primary barriers to effective Change Management?
– When is Change Management used on a project at which level?
– When and how is Change Management used on a project?
– What is the Change Management process?
– What is workplace Change Management?
Application Management Critical Criteria:
Focus on Application Management failures and mentor Application Management customer orientation.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Service Transition project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Service Transition project?
– Is the Service Transition organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Program management Critical Criteria:
See the value of Program management leadership and forecast involvement of future Program management projects in development.
– Rapidly increasing specialization of skill and knowledge presents a major management challenge. How does an organization maintain a work environment that supports specialization without compromising its ability to marshal its full range of Human Resources and turn on a dime to implement strategic imperatives?
– Have any opportunities occurred as a result of the programs implementation, or circumstances in the wider community, which could raise the programs profile?
– Did implementation of the program create any problems or prompt observations which should be considered when interpreting the results?
– Is the target group homogeneous or are there groups within the population who will require special attention during the program?
– What level or types of outcomes correspond to the programs objectives and are most useful as the focus of the evaluation?
– Will the analysis enable an assessment of whether or not the program goals and objectives have been achieved?
– What are the relative benefits of selecting one aspect of an issue over another as a focus for the program?
– Did the change(s) occur evenly across the target group, or did some groups respond differently to others?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Service Transition leader?
– Mission-critical projects falling by the wayside due to lack of resources and focus?
– Has a system been set up to review progress of the program at regular intervals?
– Are programs just scale-ups of projects, or do they represent something unique?
– Can you read a group of managers, and know what they are thinking and feeling?
– Is there systematic monitoring and documentation of the management process?
– What skills and/or experience are required to conduct the evaluation?
– Is information security an it function within the company?
– How many staff are needed to conduct the program?
– Would we know if we were the victim of a breach?
– What assumptions underpin the PM guidelines?
– Why Program Management guidelines?
ISO/IEC 20000 Critical Criteria:
Study ISO/IEC 20000 visions and pay attention to the small things.
– Will we be eligible for ISO/IEC 20000 certification?
Risk analysis Critical Criteria:
Depict Risk analysis decisions and secure Risk analysis creativity.
– How do risk analysis and Risk Management inform your organizations decisionmaking processes for long-range system planning, major project description and cost estimation, priority programming, and project development?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Service Transition services/products?
– What levels of assurance are needed and how can the risk analysis benefit setting standards and policy functions?
– In which two Service Management processes would you be most likely to use a risk analysis and management method?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Service Transition forward?
– How does the business impact analysis use data from Risk Management and risk analysis?
– How do we do risk analysis of rare, cascading, catastrophic events?
– With risk analysis do we answer the question how big is the risk?
IT service management Critical Criteria:
Have a session on IT service management engagements and gather practices for scaling IT service management.
– If SLAs are already negotiated and reference the Catalogue for documentation of the service levels, how do you change service level in the Catalogue without renegotiating the SLA?
– Why do many organizations stumble or fail in their initial attempts at implementing itsm practices?
– In your organization, which group oversees/coordinates your it Service Management capabilities?
– What does each software asset cost now and throughout the upgrade or refresh cycles?
– Does the current environment support the business and functional requirements?
– What level of service resilience and backup is provided within the service?
– If your itsm team is slated for growth, what are the relevant reasons?
– Are you running your service desk or is your service desk running you?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– What services are published in your organizations service catalog?
– Are you thinking about implementing itil standardsbased tools?
– What questions should be asked of a cloud service provider?
– How will changes affect the customers services?
– How many purchased licenses are in actual use?
– Will the customers and consumers be notified?
– Who gverns an enterprise tool strategy?
– Are we doing things right?
– Quality of Service Met?
– Fit for purpose?
Configuration management database Critical Criteria:
Read up on Configuration management database goals and acquire concise Configuration management database education.
– What would you like the cmdb to do for you -how would they like it to change your life?
– Are all requested changes to the configuration items assessed, processed and tracked?
– What are direct advantages of entering into Service Level Agreements?
– When can the building, testing and implementation of a change begin?
– A network segment is a superset of a larger network. true or false?
– Are the relationships between configuration items established?
– Why implement a Configuration Management database (cmdb)?
– Interdisciplinary review of proposed change complete?
– Where do we stand currently against the standards?
– Is a usq review required for the proposed change?
– Why is sacm so hard to implement and organize?
– Was the technical review adequately performed?
– If yes, has the usq review been completed?
– How do I find the information that I need?
– Why is application sizing important?
– Does the change involve a usq?
– Other reviews to be performed?
– How to make it easier to sell?
– Implemented as proposed?
Capacity management Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Capacity management risks and look at it backwards.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Service Transition products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Application sizing is a technique used by capacity management. why is application sizing important?
Business relationship management Critical Criteria:
Confer over Business relationship management tasks and probe the present value of growth of Business relationship management.
– What do we need to know, and how do we get the information required to answer this question, especially with regard to our organizational culture, technological roadmap, and where both organizations are moving in the long term?
– How do we provide the supplier with evaluations to ensure that this alliance continues, with regard to continuous performance, goal achievement, and commitment?
– If there is recognition by both parties of the potential benefits of an alliance, but adequate qualified human resources are not available at one or both firms?
– Have you documented your needs based on your businesss strengths and weaknesses and shared them with your partner(s)?
– How is personal interaction intertwined with the management of customer relationships in the project business?
– Have the teams implementing the alliance received formal training on building relationships?
– Exception detection -how do you know what is happening inside your partners organization?
– What Processes does the Provider need to deliver services and how is the BRM involved?
– What BA competencies do you currently possess that could be useful to the BRM role?
– What have these companies done to support and manage their partner relationships?
– How well did we rely on our partners to help us meet our objectives?
– How well did we solve problems using new and creative techniques?
– Are both supplier and buyer aligned in their respective visions?
– What are the challenges posed by enterprise applications?
– Making it happen – how, how much, when and who?
– What should our alliance strategy look like?
– How do we implement a strategic alliance?
– How well did we build trust between us?
– What is meant by Strategic Alliance?
– How does PRM drive ROI?
IT Operations Management Critical Criteria:
Chat re IT Operations Management projects and define IT Operations Management competency-based leadership.
– Do those selected for the Service Transition team have a good general understanding of what Service Transition is all about?
– What are the most important capabilities we consider when evaluating asset and Service Management providers?
– Do we have a high level of process automation connecting our asset and Service Management?
– Is Service Transition dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Do you have a single view into it Service Management?
Service level requirement Critical Criteria:
Generalize Service level requirement decisions and track iterative Service level requirement results.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Service Transition leaders?
Business Process Framework Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Business Process Framework projects and report on setting up Business Process Framework without losing ground.
– what is the best design framework for Service Transition organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Service Transition move?
Financial management for IT services Critical Criteria:
Adapt Financial management for IT services decisions and mentor Financial management for IT services customer orientation.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Service Transition in a volatile global economy?
– Does Service Transition analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Enterprise life cycle Critical Criteria:
Track Enterprise life cycle failures and report on developing an effective Enterprise life cycle strategy.
– Do we have past Service Transition Successes?
Request Fulfilment Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Request Fulfilment outcomes and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Request Fulfilment.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Service Transition models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Service Transition strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What is our Service Transition Strategy?
RACI matrix Critical Criteria:
Deduce RACI matrix projects and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Service Transition experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Service Transition study?
IBM Tivoli Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Interpolate IBM Tivoli Unified Process tasks and give examples utilizing a core of simple IBM Tivoli Unified Process skills.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Service Transition objectives?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Service Transition?
RPR problem diagnosis Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on RPR problem diagnosis visions and be persistent.
Computer security Critical Criteria:
Mine Computer security strategies and raise human resource and employment practices for Computer security.
– Does your company provide end-user training to all employees on Cybersecurity, either as part of general staff training or specifically on the topic of computer security and company policy?
– Will the selection of a particular product limit the future choices of other computer security or operational modifications and improvements?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Service Transition?
Business Information Services Library Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Business Information Services Library tasks and catalog Business Information Services Library activities.
Incident Management Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Incident Management leadership and catalog Incident Management activities.
– Which processes other than incident management are involved in achieving a structural solution ?
– In which cases can CMDB be usefull in incident management?
– What is a primary goal of incident management?
– Are we Assessing Service Transition and Risk?
Information Technology Infrastructure Library Critical Criteria:
Focus on Information Technology Infrastructure Library visions and correct better engagement with Information Technology Infrastructure Library results.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Service Transition is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Is a Service Transition Team Work effort in place?
Service catalog Critical Criteria:
Align Service catalog quality and achieve a single Service catalog view and bringing data together.
– Which customers cant participate in our Service Transition domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What other departments, besides IT, use service catalog as a means of publishing their services in your organization?
– What other departments, besides IT, use service catalog as a means of publishing their services in your organization?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Service Transition ?
– Which software allows an administrator to create and publish a service catalogue?
– What services are published in your organizations service catalog?
– Does your service catalog actually have pricing in it?
– How to Secure Service Transition?
Information and Communication Technology Critical Criteria:
Detail Information and Communication Technology management and integrate design thinking in Information and Communication Technology innovation.
– Who sets the Service Transition standards?
Business Service Management Critical Criteria:
Shape Business Service Management visions and point out Business Service Management tensions in leadership.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Service Transition processes?
– What is our formula for success in Service Transition ?
– What are current Service Transition Paradigms?
Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency Critical Criteria:
Confer over Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency engagements and stake your claim.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Service Transition opportunities costing us money?
– Is Supporting Service Transition documentation required?
Software metric Critical Criteria:
Guide Software metric failures and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What are the best software metrics for discerning Agile (vs. non-Agile) process effects on teams artifacts?
ISO/IEC 27002 Critical Criteria:
Face ISO/IEC 27002 projects and gather practices for scaling ISO/IEC 27002.
– How do we measure improved Service Transition service perception, and satisfaction?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Service Transition requirements in detail?
Service level Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Service level risks and cater for concise Service level education.
– If a customer complains that service levels are below those agreed in the sla, apparently due to a number of related hardware incidents, who is responsible for ensuring the cause is investigated?
– The offeror will describe its service levels for fixes, help desk, etc. will it reduce its fees if the service levels are not met?
– Can cloud service providers offer the flexibility to provide availability service levels in line with the customers requirements?
– Where can costs reasonably be reduced or margins improved without any service disruption or without affecting service levels?
– Do you really care about the Service Level Agreement sla of your underlying cloud platform paas or iaas?
– What is the impact of changing my suppliers and/or their SLAs on my capabilities to meet my SLAs?
– What service(s) are being made available to what customers?
– Is your firm willing to commit to Service Level Agreements?
– What are the physical location requirements for each copy?
– Are abandons included in your service level denominator?
– Do we have Data Protection Service Level Agreements?
– Are there Data Dependencies or Consistency Groups?
– Is a Service Level Agreement (sla) available?
– How will incidents be documented or logged?
– How to quantify the system security?
– What will it take to make it work?
– How do I write an SLA?
Cabinet Office Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Cabinet Office management and optimize Cabinet Office leadership as a key to advancement.
– Have all basic functions of Service Transition been defined?
– What are internal and external Service Transition relations?
Tudor IT Process Assessment Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Tudor IT Process Assessment strategies and cater for concise Tudor IT Process Assessment education.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Service Transition process?
ITIL security management Critical Criteria:
Talk about ITIL security management management and gather ITIL security management models .
– When a Service Transition manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Configuration management system Critical Criteria:
See the value of Configuration management system goals and change contexts.
– What exactly are the required characteristics of a Configuration Management system for managing dynamic change?
– What vendors make products that address the Service Transition needs?
Functional Management Critical Criteria:
Study Functional Management failures and define Functional Management competency-based leadership.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Service Transition values?
– Does our organization need more Service Transition education?
– What are the short and long-term Service Transition goals?
Economic efficiency Critical Criteria:
Judge Economic efficiency management and mentor Economic efficiency customer orientation.
– What is the source of the strategies for Service Transition strengthening and reform?
– How do we keep improving Service Transition?
Change request Critical Criteria:
Mix Change request risks and find the essential reading for Change request researchers.
– Does the suggested change request have a significant negative impact on completed project work without a commensurate benefit to the product or project?
– Does the suggested change request support a mandate that was not in place when the projects original scope was complete?
– Will the product of the project fail to satisfy customer requirements if the change request is not executed?
– Will the product of the project fail to satisfy customer requirements if a change request is not executed?
– Can agile methods be used effectively for evolving a system in response to customer change requests?
– Does the suggested change request represent a desired enhancement to the products functionality?
– Does a suggested change request represent a desired enhancement to the products functionality?
– Does the suggested change request seem to represent a necessary enhancement to the product?
– Is the requested change request a result of changes in other project(s)?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Service Transition?
– Will the project fail if the change request is not executed?
– Is impact analysis performed for all change requests?
ICT infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Confer over ICT infrastructure management and cater for concise ICT infrastructure education.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Service Transition project manager?
– Have you identified your Service Transition key performance indicators?
– What are the long-term Service Transition goals?
Configuration item Critical Criteria:
Steer Configuration item governance and cater for concise Configuration item education.
– A Configuration Management database (cmdb) can contain different configuration items (cis). Which items would not normally be regarded as a ci?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Service Transition Management?
– Which of the entities should be configuration items?
– How will configuration items be controlled?
– How to deal with Service Transition Changes?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Scan Computer network issues and look at the big picture.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Service Transition project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Service Transition project lifecycle?
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
– What about Service Transition Analysis of results?
– Is the scope of Service Transition defined?
Business continuity planning Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Business continuity planning risks and secure Business continuity planning creativity.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Service Transition processes?
– What is the role of digital document management in business continuity planning management?
– What is business continuity planning and why is it important?
Call for bids Critical Criteria:
Merge Call for bids issues and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Call for bids.
– Why are Service Transition skills important?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Confer over Agile software development results and find answers.
– When you are identifying the potential technical strategy(s) you have several process factors that you should address. As with initial scoping how much detail you go into when documenting the architecture, the views that you create, and your approach to modeling are important considerations. Furthermore, will you be considering one or more candidate architectures and what is your overall delivery strategy?
– How do you take a methodology, like agile development, that basically evolved in small groups and then scale it up so that it works on projects with hundreds of developers and thousands of users?
– When youre thinking about all the different ways a product may be used in the future, do you stop at three, five, or 10 years in the future?
– How can agile software development be utilized when the development is done in several different locations instead of one site?
– Do you think you could provide every last detail the developers need to know right off the bat?
– Are there cultural or organizational issues that may affect the system development?
– What are some keys to successfully conquering ever changing business requirements?
– Who would benefit from the framework(s) and how could it (they) be utilized?
– Will the organizational culture support new values of the agile team?
– To what level of detail will you capture the requirements, if at all?
– Should you have a strict project sequence, or should you be flexible?
– How could principles be more precisely measured or valued?
– How do you best coordinate Agile and non-Agile teams?
– What does it mean to scale agile solution delivery?
– What is and why Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD)?
– How do Web Operators communicate with Developers?
– How do Agile projects prioritize work?
– Heritage of traditional methods?
– A separate test team?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Enterprise architecture goals and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Service Transition, including any consulting or professional services?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Service-level agreement Critical Criteria:
Trace Service-level agreement management and proactively manage Service-level agreement risks.
– In terms of service availability, can you get your vendor to sign a service-level agreement?
– What are all of our Service Transition domains and what do they do?
Joint venture Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Joint venture adoptions and pay attention to the small things.
– Is Service Transition Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– How do we Identify specific Service Transition investment and emerging trends?
– How do we Lead with Service Transition in Mind?
Secondary support level Critical Criteria:
Graph Secondary support level management and assess what counts with Secondary support level that we are not counting.
Six Sigma Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Six Sigma failures and give examples utilizing a core of simple Six Sigma skills.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– How is lean six sigma different from TOGAF architecture?
– How is the value delivered by Service Transition being measured?
Help desk Critical Criteria:
Test Help desk quality and secure Help desk creativity.
– Expose its policy engine via web services for use by third-party systems (e.g. provisioning, help desk solutions)?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Service Transition? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Complement identity management and help desk solutions with closedloop import and export?
– What features of the current help desk service management tool are being used?
– How important is Service Transition to the user organizations mission?
– How has the current help desk service management tool been customized?
– Do we know the number of password problem help desk calls per month?
– What is the current help desk service management tool and version?
– Help desk password resets easily measured (specific number?
– How will the offeror provide support through the help desk?
– Number of password problem help desk calls per month?
– How does the help desk authenticate callers?
Information and communication technologies Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Information and communication technologies governance and raise human resource and employment practices for Information and communication technologies.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Service Transition Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Corrective and preventive action External links:
Corrective and Preventive Action | Sparta Systems
Corrective and Preventive Action | ASQ
Corrective and Preventive Action Plans – Emory University
Access and Identity Management External links:
[PDF]Conduent Access and Identity Management AIM
[PDF]Xerox Services Access and Identity Management …
[PDF]Access and Identity Management Process Testing – …
Demand management External links:
California Efficiency + Demand Management Council
WSDOT – Active Traffic and Demand Management
System Dashboard – JIRA – Demand Management
ISO/IEC 27001 External links:
http://ISO/IEC 27001:2013 is an information security standard that was published on the 25th September 2013. It supersedes ISO/IEC 27001:2005, and is published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) under the joint ISO and IEC subcommittee, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 27.
Configuration management External links:
Configuration Management | IpX
Interactive Configuration Management and Procurement …
AWS OpsWorks – Configuration Management
Service portfolio management External links:
Service Portfolio Management ? Optimizing IT Business …
Why You Need Service Portfolio Management – Samanage …
ITSCollab: Service Portfolio Management Project …
Information Management External links:
Property Information Management System
Business case External links:
Creating a Powerful Business Case for HR Technology
Business Case Site: Design, Build, Deliver a Compelling Case
What is business case? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Point of contact External links:
USCG NSF OSRO Point of Contact Report Page
Site Point of Contact Portal
State Single Point of Contact (SPOC) | opgs
HM Treasury External links:
HM Treasury Application Center – Roblox
HM Treasury Group Careers – Jobs
HM Treasury – Official Site
Service Desk External links:
Service Desk Home – fmPilot
COT – Commonwealth Service Desk
Welcome to IT Service Desk | IT Service Desk
Fishbone diagram External links:
Fishbone Diagram – 7 Steps to better problem solving
Fishbone Diagram Maker – Ishikawa Online or Download …
Fishbone Diagram – Official Site
Software asset management External links:
Software Asset Management – Microsoft SAM
Software Asset Management | ServiceNow
UWM Software Asset Management | Software Asset Management
Access Management External links:
Login – Oracle Access Management 11g
UNCG Parking Operations and Campus Access Management
IAM Home – Wisconsin Identity and Access Management
Underpinning contract External links:
Underpinning Contract [ITIL documentation] – …
what is Underpinning contract ? | ServiceNow Community
ITIL Definition: Underpinning Contract (v2, v3)
Knowledge management External links:
Home – livepro: Customer Service Knowledge Management
Knowledge management | Customer Engagement …
Lucidea | Knowledge Management Software
Project management External links:
Certifications | Project Management Institute
myPMI | Project Management Institute
CCRS | Project Management Institute
Change management External links:
Kotter’s 8-Step Change Model – Change Management …
Change management experts -Change Management …
CDT Releases Organizational Change Management and …
Application Management External links:
Application Management – Concord University
Program management External links:
DoN Consolidated Card Program Management Division
Sodexo Supplier Diversity Program Management
ISO/IEC 20000 External links:
http://ISO/IEC 20000 is the first international standard for IT service management. It was developed in 2005, by ISO/IEC JTC1/SC7 and revised in 2011. It is based on and intended to supersede the earlier BS 15000 that was developed by BSI Group.
ISO/IEC 20000 IT Service Management | BSI America
[PDF]ISO/IEC 20000 Part 1 – the next edition
Risk analysis External links:
Risk Analysis | Investopedia
http://Risk analysis is the study of the underlying uncertainty of a given course of action. Risk analysis refers to the uncertainty of forecasted future cash flows streams, variance of portfolio/stock returns, statistical analysis to determine the probability of a project’s success or failure, and possible future economic states.
Project Management and Risk Analysis Software | Safran
IT service management External links:
IT Service Management | Availability Management | Optanix
Remedy 9 – IT Service Management Suite – BMC Software
Remedyforce- IT Service Management and Help Desk – …
Capacity management External links:
Capacity management review. (eJournal / eMagazine, …
Capacity Management – Kentucky
Business relationship management External links:
Business Relationship Management – BRM Institute
Business Relationship Management (BRM) – The IIL Blog
IT Operations Management External links:
IT Operations Management Solutions – CA Technologies
IT Operations Management | vRealize Operations – VMware
What Does IT Operations Management Do (ITOps)?Joe …
Service level requirement External links:
Service level requirement
http://In Software Development / IT, a Service Level Requirement (SLR) is a broad statement from a customer to a service provider describing their service expectations. A service provider prepares a service level agreement (SLA) based on the requirements from the customer. For example: A customer may require a server be operational (uptime) for 99.95% of the year excluding maintenance.
ITIL Definition: Service Level Requirement
Business Process Framework External links:
Business Process Framework (eTOM) – TM Forum
What is the Business Process Framework? – YouTube
Business Process Framework (eTOM) – TM Forum
Enterprise life cycle External links:
Enterprise Life Cycle | Chron.com
Enterprise Life Cycle Management (ELM) – Bay State
Request Fulfilment External links:
Request Fulfilment – ITIL® Process | Doc – Octopus
RACI matrix External links:
[XLS]RACI Matrix – TidyForm.com
IBM Tivoli Unified Process External links:
ITUP – IBM Tivoli Unified Process | AcronymFinder
IBM Tivoli Unified Process – IT hooldus üle Eesti
[PDF]IBM Tivoli Unified Process (ITUP): Connecting the Dots
RPR problem diagnosis External links:
RPR Problem Diagnosis – Dr. Psynso
RPR problem diagnosis – research.omicsgroup.org
RPR problem diagnosis – WOW.com
Computer security External links:
Computer Security | Consumer Information
Naked Security – Computer Security News, Advice and …
Best Computer Security | Security Software Companies| …
Incident Management External links:
National Incident Management System | FEMA.gov
IS-700.A: National Incident Management System (NIMS) …
OpsGenie | Alerting & Incident Management for Dev & Ops …
Information Technology Infrastructure Library External links:
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) …
Service catalog External links:
Service Catalog | IT Connect
DISA | Service Catalog
Service Catalog – Technology
Business Service Management External links:
Business Service Management (BSM)
Login – HP Business Service Management
Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency External links:
Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency | …
ISO/IEC 27002 External links:
ISO/IEC 27002 code of practice
ISO/IEC 27002 – Key Benefits of MetricStream IT GRC …
http://ISO/IEC 27002 is an information security standard published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and by the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), titled Information technology – Security techniques – Code of practice for information security management.
Service level External links:
[DOC]Service Level Agreement (SLA) Template
Service Level Agreements – Home | Microsoft Azure
[PDF]TEMPLATE Service Level Agreement (1)
Cabinet Office External links:
Justice & Public Safety Cabinet Office of Drug Control Policy
Tudor IT Process Assessment External links:
Tudor IT Process Assessment – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Tudor IT Process Assessment
Tudor IT Process Assessment: Third Edition
What is TIPA® (Tudor IT Process Assessment)? – YouTube
ITIL security management External links:
ITIL Security management | KPI Library
ITIL security management
http://The ITIL security management process describes the structured fitting of security in the management organization. ITIL security management is based on the ISO 27001 standard. According to ISO.ORG “ISO/IEC 27001:2005 covers all types of organizations (e.g. commercial enterprises, government agencies, not-for profit organizations).
ITIL Security Management – W3J.Com
Configuration management system External links:
RAVE Configuration Management System
Functional Management External links:
CROSS-FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT (CFM) – Building a …
Economic efficiency External links:
Economic Efficiency – Investopedia
Economic Efficiency – Investopedia
[PDF]Economics: Pricing, Demand, and Economic Efficiency
Change request External links:
GEICO Homeowner Mortgagee Inquiry and Change Request
Mortgagee Change Request Form
[PDF]TITLE CHANGE REQUEST HECKLIST AND …
ICT infrastructure External links:
UNESCO Office in Bangkok: ICT Infrastructure
What is ICT Infrastructure | IGI Global
Configuration item External links:
[PDF]configuration item attributes – ITILNews
Configuration Item (CI)-Defense Acquisition Glossary[DAP]
What is CONFIGURATION ITEM? definition of …
Computer network External links:
How to find my computer network name – Mil Incorporated
Remote services, computer network, PC Health Check – …
Technical Support | Computer Repair | Computer Network
Business continuity planning External links:
Online Business Continuity Planning – Wells Fargo …
Business Continuity Planning Flashcards | Quizlet
Business Continuity Planning – BCP
Call for bids External links:
City of Renton Call for Bids
RFP, RFQ, Call for Bids – Kendall County, Illinois
0901 Call For Bids – Keys News
Agile software development External links:
What is Agile Software Development? | Agile Alliance
RoleModel Software – Custom Agile Software Development
What is Agile? Learn About Agile Software Development
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture | North Dakota ITD
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Enterprise Architecture Standards | CDT
Joint venture External links:
Joint Venture (1998) – IMDb
Joint Venture – JV – Investopedia
N.Y. Ins. Law § 6409(d): Title Insurance Joint Venture
Six Sigma External links:
Six Sigma Training and 6 Sigma Certification
Six Sigma Certification, Six Sigma, 6 Sigma
Lean Six Sigma Training | MoreSteam.com
Help desk External links:
Spiceworks Help Desk
Information and communication technologies External links:
How Information and Communication Technologies …
B.S. Degree in Information and Communication Technologies
“Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) …