What is involved in z OS System Program
Find out what the related areas are that z OS System Program connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a z OS System Program thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its z OS System Program journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward z OS System Program leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which z OS System Program related domains to cover and 132 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
z OS System Program, Linux on System z, Project Trillian, SHARE Operating System, Airlines Control Program, Amdahl UTS, Michigan Terminal System, Open source software, Multiprogramming with a Variable number of Tasks, Project Monterey, Apache Foundation, WebSphere Application Server, OS/360 and successors, Proprietary software, IBM Resource Access Control Facility, VM/XA MA, IBM 7090/94 IBSYS, IBM mainframes, Backward compatibility, Closed source, IBM CP-40, Monolithic kernel, IBM 8100 DPCX, IBM AIX, Time Sharing Option, GM-NAA I/O, File systems, Internet protocol suite, The Open Group, Hierarchical File System, Single UNIX Specification, Compatible Time-Sharing System, Software release life cycle, IBM DB2, OS/VS1 BPE, IBM DPPX, Workload Manager, IBM Airline Control Program, Lotus software, Data set, DOS/360 and successors, Fujitsu MSP, IBM 4690 OS, IBM Systems Network Architecture, Package manager, IBM mainframe, Transaction Processing Facility, z OS System Program, Operating system, Control Program Facility:
z OS System Program Critical Criteria:
Add value to z OS System Program risks and correct z OS System Program management by competencies.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with z OS System Program ?
– Have you identified your z OS System Program key performance indicators?
– Do z OS System Program rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Linux on System z Critical Criteria:
Guide Linux on System z visions and integrate design thinking in Linux on System z innovation.
– When a z OS System Program manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– How would one define z OS System Program leadership?
Project Trillian Critical Criteria:
X-ray Project Trillian adoptions and question.
– In a project to restructure z OS System Program outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What are the Essentials of Internal z OS System Program Management?
– What about z OS System Program Analysis of results?
SHARE Operating System Critical Criteria:
Align SHARE Operating System adoptions and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging SHARE Operating System.
– Consider your own z OS System Program project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– For your z OS System Program project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Why is z OS System Program important for you now?
Airlines Control Program Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Airlines Control Program failures and define what do we need to start doing with Airlines Control Program.
– Have the types of risks that may impact z OS System Program been identified and analyzed?
– How can you measure z OS System Program in a systematic way?
– Are there z OS System Program problems defined?
Amdahl UTS Critical Criteria:
Consult on Amdahl UTS visions and oversee implementation of Amdahl UTS.
– Is z OS System Program Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in z OS System Program?
– Will z OS System Program deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Michigan Terminal System Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Michigan Terminal System tactics and finalize the present value of growth of Michigan Terminal System.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to z OS System Program?
– How do we manage z OS System Program Knowledge Management (KM)?
– What are the short and long-term z OS System Program goals?
Open source software Critical Criteria:
Check Open source software tasks and give examples utilizing a core of simple Open source software skills.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting z OS System Program with what users do day-to-day?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– Is z OS System Program dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Vetter, Infectious Open Source Software: Spreading Incentives or Promoting Resistance?
– Is open source software development essentially an agile method?
– Which z OS System Program goals are the most important?
Multiprogramming with a Variable number of Tasks Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Multiprogramming with a Variable number of Tasks results and prioritize challenges of Multiprogramming with a Variable number of Tasks.
– Is a z OS System Program Team Work effort in place?
Project Monterey Critical Criteria:
Scan Project Monterey quality and catalog what business benefits will Project Monterey goals deliver if achieved.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing z OS System Program? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Does z OS System Program analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– How is the value delivered by z OS System Program being measured?
Apache Foundation Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Apache Foundation strategies and mentor Apache Foundation customer orientation.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that z OS System Program objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What vendors make products that address the z OS System Program needs?
WebSphere Application Server Critical Criteria:
Understand WebSphere Application Server outcomes and look at it backwards.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your z OS System Program strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– How do you determine the key elements that affect z OS System Program workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
OS/360 and successors Critical Criteria:
Pilot OS/360 and successors goals and research ways can we become the OS/360 and successors company that would put us out of business.
– How do your measurements capture actionable z OS System Program information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– How will you know that the z OS System Program project has been successful?
– Are there z OS System Program Models?
Proprietary software Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Proprietary software planning and develop and take control of the Proprietary software initiative.
– Do those selected for the z OS System Program team have a good general understanding of what z OS System Program is all about?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic z OS System Program objectives?
IBM Resource Access Control Facility Critical Criteria:
Model after IBM Resource Access Control Facility outcomes and question.
– Do the z OS System Program decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What is our formula for success in z OS System Program ?
– Do we all define z OS System Program in the same way?
VM/XA MA Critical Criteria:
Chart VM/XA MA governance and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging VM/XA MA.
– How important is z OS System Program to the user organizations mission?
IBM 7090/94 IBSYS Critical Criteria:
Confer re IBM 7090/94 IBSYS issues and forecast involvement of future IBM 7090/94 IBSYS projects in development.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of z OS System Program into the services that we provide?
– What are the Key enablers to make this z OS System Program move?
– Does z OS System Program appropriately measure and monitor risk?
IBM mainframes Critical Criteria:
Investigate IBM mainframes goals and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging IBM mainframes.
– How do we know that any z OS System Program analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Backward compatibility Critical Criteria:
Discourse Backward compatibility planning and probe Backward compatibility strategic alliances.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations z OS System Program values?
– Regulated Backward Compatibility and Version Numbering?
– How to Secure z OS System Program?
Closed source Critical Criteria:
Model after Closed source risks and explain and analyze the challenges of Closed source.
– What are our best practices for minimizing z OS System Program project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the z OS System Program project lifecycle?
– How do we maintain z OS System Programs Integrity?
IBM CP-40 Critical Criteria:
Accelerate IBM CP-40 strategies and get out your magnifying glass.
– In what ways are z OS System Program vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Monolithic kernel Critical Criteria:
Define Monolithic kernel management and adjust implementation of Monolithic kernel.
– What are all of our z OS System Program domains and what do they do?
IBM 8100 DPCX Critical Criteria:
Accelerate IBM 8100 DPCX tactics and assess and formulate effective operational and IBM 8100 DPCX strategies.
– Do we monitor the z OS System Program decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Is z OS System Program Required?
IBM AIX Critical Criteria:
Start IBM AIX planning and get the big picture.
– Is maximizing z OS System Program protection the same as minimizing z OS System Program loss?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of z OS System Program moving forward?
Time Sharing Option Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Time Sharing Option projects and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Time Sharing Option is getting what it needs.
– How do we measure improved z OS System Program service perception, and satisfaction?
– What are specific z OS System Program Rules to follow?
GM-NAA I/O Critical Criteria:
Confer re GM-NAA I/O visions and sort GM-NAA I/O activities.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this z OS System Program process?
– What are the disruptive z OS System Program technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of z OS System Program that make it risky?
File systems Critical Criteria:
Look at File systems visions and integrate design thinking in File systems innovation.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as z OS System Program leaders?
– How much does z OS System Program help?
Internet protocol suite Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Internet protocol suite leadership and document what potential Internet protocol suite megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What is our z OS System Program Strategy?
The Open Group Critical Criteria:
Check The Open Group quality and achieve a single The Open Group view and bringing data together.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent z OS System Program services/products?
Hierarchical File System Critical Criteria:
Probe Hierarchical File System decisions and prioritize challenges of Hierarchical File System.
– What will drive z OS System Program change?
– Why should we adopt a z OS System Program framework?
Single UNIX Specification Critical Criteria:
Nurse Single UNIX Specification planning and raise human resource and employment practices for Single UNIX Specification.
– Think about the people you identified for your z OS System Program project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Who sets the z OS System Program standards?
Compatible Time-Sharing System Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Compatible Time-Sharing System engagements and probe the present value of growth of Compatible Time-Sharing System.
– How do mission and objectives affect the z OS System Program processes of our organization?
Software release life cycle Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Software release life cycle strategies and mentor Software release life cycle customer orientation.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its z OS System Program processes?
– How do we go about Comparing z OS System Program approaches/solutions?
IBM DB2 Critical Criteria:
Discuss IBM DB2 leadership and gather practices for scaling IBM DB2.
– What are our needs in relation to z OS System Program skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
OS/VS1 BPE Critical Criteria:
Frame OS/VS1 BPE adoptions and prioritize challenges of OS/VS1 BPE.
– Does z OS System Program create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the z OS System Program process?
– What are internal and external z OS System Program relations?
IBM DPPX Critical Criteria:
Give examples of IBM DPPX goals and define what our big hairy audacious IBM DPPX goal is.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once z OS System Program is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the z OS System Program requirements in detail?
Workload Manager Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Workload Manager adoptions and achieve a single Workload Manager view and bringing data together.
– How do we keep improving z OS System Program?
IBM Airline Control Program Critical Criteria:
Accelerate IBM Airline Control Program decisions and plan concise IBM Airline Control Program education.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of z OS System Program product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
Lotus software Critical Criteria:
Boost Lotus software failures and prioritize challenges of Lotus software.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our z OS System Program agendas for the next 3 years?
– Can we do z OS System Program without complex (expensive) analysis?
– How do we Improve z OS System Program service perception, and satisfaction?
Data set Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Data set results and look for lots of ideas.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once z OS System Program is underway?
– For hosted solutions, are we permitted to download the entire data set in order to maintain local backups?
– How was it created; what algorithms, algorithm versions, ancillary and calibration data sets were used?
– Is data that is transcribed or copied checked for errors against the original data set?
– What needs to be in the plan related to the data capture for the various data sets?
– Is someone responsible for migrating data sets that are in old/outdated formats?
– You get a data set. what do you do with it?
DOS/360 and successors Critical Criteria:
Gauge DOS/360 and successors planning and look at the big picture.
– How do we ensure that implementations of z OS System Program products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a z OS System Program project?
Fujitsu MSP Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Fujitsu MSP visions and innovate what needs to be done with Fujitsu MSP.
– Think of your z OS System Program project. what are the main functions?
IBM 4690 OS Critical Criteria:
Detail IBM 4690 OS visions and improve IBM 4690 OS service perception.
IBM Systems Network Architecture Critical Criteria:
Merge IBM Systems Network Architecture management and correct better engagement with IBM Systems Network Architecture results.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your z OS System Program activities?
Package manager Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Package manager management and transcribe Package manager as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Will z OS System Program have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What are the business goals z OS System Program is aiming to achieve?
IBM mainframe Critical Criteria:
Accommodate IBM mainframe planning and find the essential reading for IBM mainframe researchers.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your z OS System Program processes?
Transaction Processing Facility Critical Criteria:
Probe Transaction Processing Facility failures and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
z OS System Program Critical Criteria:
Talk about z OS System Program engagements and perfect z OS System Program conflict management.
– Among the z OS System Program product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Operating system Critical Criteria:
Infer Operating system management and explore and align the progress in Operating system.
– If the firewall runs on an individual host for which all users are not trusted system administrators, how vulnerable is it to tampering by a user logged into the operating system running on the protected hosts?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– What should an organization consider before migrating its applications and operating system to the public cloud to prevent vendor lock-in?
– To what extent does management recognize z OS System Program as a tool to increase the results?
– What operating systems are used for student computers, devices, laptops, etc.?
– What operating system does your computer use?
– Is unauthorized access to operating systems prevented?
Control Program Facility Critical Criteria:
Analyze Control Program Facility tactics and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether z OS System Program goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What are current z OS System Program Paradigms?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the z OS System Program Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
z OS System Program External links:
z OS System Program – SAUNASURVIVAL.COM
Linux on System z External links:
[PDF]Network with Linux on System z – VM
[PDF]Session V68: Managing z/VM and Linux on System z …
Project Trillian External links:
Project Trillian – Revolvy
SHARE Operating System External links:
The share operating system for the IBM 709 – ScienceDirect
Airlines Control Program External links:
airlines control programの意味・使い方 – 英和辞典 …
Airlines Control Program – Free definitions by Babylon
ACP abbreviation stands for Airlines Control Program
Amdahl UTS External links:
Amdahl UTS. UTS is a discontinued implementation of the UNIX operating system for IBM mainframe (and compatible) computers. Amdahl created the first versions of UTS, and released it in May 1981, with UTS Global acquiring rights to the product in 2002.
Michigan Terminal System External links:
Images – Michigan Terminal System Archive
Michigan Terminal System – ECE/CIS
Michigan Terminal System – Distribution Documentation …
Open source software External links:
Moodle • Open Source Software for Online Learning
Multiprogramming with a Variable number of Tasks External links:
MVT – Multiprogramming with a Variable number of Tasks
Apache Foundation External links:
Apache Foundation promotes Ignite – SD Times
Apache Foundation receives 2017 Landowner of the …
Ucross Foundation :: Apache Foundation
WebSphere Application Server External links:
IBM WebSphere Application Server – Overview – United …
WebSphere Application Server Version V8.5 Liberty Profile
WebSphere Application Server V22.214.171.124 – Welcome to Liberty
OS/360 and successors External links:
OS/360 and successors – Sussle
OS/360 and successors – 21pw.com
OS/360 and successors – Local Business | Facebook
Proprietary software External links:
Disadvantages of Proprietary Software | Chron.com
Chapter 8 – Open Source and Proprietary Software – YouTube
IBM Resource Access Control Facility External links:
IBM Resource Access Control Facility (RACF)
IBM 7090/94 IBSYS External links:
IBM 7090/94 IBSYS – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge …
IBM 7090/94 IBSYS | IT History Society
IBM 7090/94 IBSYS – WOW.com
Backward compatibility External links:
Xbox One Backward Compatibility | Xbox
Xbox One Backward Compatibility Game List – ign.com
Closed source External links:
[PDF]Closed source scripted title objects – SoftLab-NSK
IBM CP-40 External links:
IBM CP-40 – ServerCake India
IBM CP-40 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
IBM CP-40 – Historical Notes – liquisearch.com
Monolithic kernel External links:
Monolithic kernel legal definition of Monolithic kernel
IBM 8100 DPCX External links:
IBM 8100 DPCX – WOW.com
IBM 8100 DPCX | IT History Society
IBM 8100 DPCX – theinfolist.com
IBM AIX External links:
IBM AIX OS levels supported by XL Compilers – United States
CIS IBM AIX Benchmark – CIS Center for Internet Security
Time Sharing Option External links:
Time Sharing Option (TSO) | ADOA-ASET
http://aset.az.gov › 24/7
Time Sharing Option
http://Time Sharing Option (TSO) is an interactive time-sharing environment for IBM mainframe operating systems, including OS/360 MVT, OS/VS2 (SVS), MVS, OS/390, and z/OS. TSO fulfills a similar purpose to Unix login sessions. Time-sharing means that many persons can access the operating system concurrently, while unaware that others are also accessing the operating system.
How is Time Sharing Option abbreviated? – …
GM-NAA I/O External links:
GM-NAA I/O images, pictures, videos & interesting facts
The GM-NAA I/O input/output system of General Motors and North American Aviation was the first operating system for the IBM 704 computer.
http://”GM-NAA I/O” on Revolvy.com
GM-NAA I/O by Lucas Diaz on Prezi
File systems External links:
How to convert exFAT to NTFS | File Systems – Quora
Tuxera – World-leading file systems and data storage software
Overview of FAT, HPFS, and NTFS File Systems
Internet protocol suite External links:
Internet Protocol Suite Flashcards | Quizlet
Internet Protocol Suite
http://The Internet protocol suite is the conceptual model and set of communications protocols used on the Internet and similar computer networks. It is commonly known as TCP/IP because the original protocols in the suite are the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) and the Internet Protocol (IP).
The Open Group External links:
The Open Group Architecture Framework – Official Site
Customer Service :: The Open Group
2018 Passleader The Open Group OG0-093 Dumps | OG0 …
Hierarchical File System External links:
What is a Hierarchical File System? – Computer Hope
The Macintosh Hierarchical File System (HFS)
Single UNIX Specification External links:
The UNIX System — The Single UNIX Specification
The Single UNIX Specification, Version 2 – The Open Group
Compatible Time-Sharing System External links:
Lyrics containing the term: compatible time-sharing system
https://www.lyrics.com/lyrics/compatible time-sharing system
Compatible Time-Sharing System – Britannica.com
CTSS, Compatible Time-Sharing System
Software release life cycle External links:
Skill Pages – Software release life cycle | Dice.com
Software Release Life Cycle – Quora
IBM DB2 External links:
Toad for IBM DB2 LUW – Quest
2 Creating and Configuring an IBM DB2 Database – Oracle
IBM Db2 Big SQL – Overview – United States
Workload Manager External links:
PBS Professional: HPC Workload Manager and Job …
Megan Turby | Western Region Idl Workload Manager; …
[PDF]System Programmer’s Guide to: Workload Manager
IBM Airline Control Program External links:
IBM Airline Control Program – WOW.com
Ibm Airline Control Program – TheInfoList.com
http://theinfolist.com/php/HTMLGet.php?FindGo=Ibm Airline Control Program
Lotus software External links:
IBM – Lotus Software – cdw.com
Lotus Software – Official Site
lotus software – Staples®
Data set External links:
Limited Data Set | HHS.gov
DOS/360 and successors External links:
DOS/360 and successors – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/DOS/360 and successors
IBM 4690 OS External links:
IBM 4690 OS Messages Guide Version 4 Release 1 (SC30 …
Open Object Rexx / Patches / #93 Support IBM 4690 OS FTP
[PDF]mode and power management IBM 4690 OS V6.2 …
IBM Systems Network Architecture External links:
IBM Systems Network Architecture – technet.microsoft.com
IBM Systems Network Architecture ~ Artscolumbia
[PDF]IBM Systems Network Architecture Protocols – n-cg.net
Package manager External links:
NuGet Package Manager UI Reference | Microsoft Docs
NuGet Package Manager Console Guide | Microsoft Docs
Package Control – the Sublime Text package manager
IBM mainframe External links:
What Do IBM Mainframe Computers Look Like Today? – …
[PDF]IBM Mainframe Overview – University of Arkansas
How much does an IBM mainframe cost? – Updated – Quora
Transaction Processing Facility External links:
IBM z/Transaction Processing Facility
z OS System Program External links:
z OS System Program – SAUNASURVIVAL.COM
Operating system External links:
nCino Bank Operating System
Operating System and Browser warning
Which Windows operating system am I running?
Control Program Facility External links:
CPF – Control Program Facility | AcronymFinder
CPF abbreviation stands for Control Program Facility